Chapter 18

I know it's been a long time since I've updated this book.

Yeah, sorry about that.

But just to make up for my lack of posting here's FOUR new chapters.

It's a wild few so buckle up.

~~~~~

Riding through the woods while going who knows how fast gave me so much adrenaline. It made me want to scream out the energy that I had pent up.

So that's exactly what I did.

Screamed.

I saw Grey glance up to me with amusement in his eyes as I smiled widely hollering in the woods where no one would hear.

I felt free, forgetting everything that happened before this.

Before I know it Grey stops in front of the pack house bumping me off so he can change back.

Like the lady I am I turn around as he raises his eyebrows silently asking if I was going to wait for a show or turn.

So I picked option B.

I clamp my eyes closed as I hear the bones break and shatter with the transition.

I know he said it's painless, but it doesn't sound painless.

Jumping suddenly when I feel two strong arms wrap around my middle. Sighing when I hear deep laughter behind me. "You better be clothed," I huff out with a small smile on my face.

"I'm clothed enough," he replies placing his chin on my shoulder.

Once again thinking about earlier I rest my head against his.

Wasn't it bliss when I wasn't thinking of the bad things that happened today? Just thinking of the good?

I don't want to be a coward, but what if I go into town again and I don't bump into Jack. What if I bump into Darren instead?

But I can't think of that.

I just have to think that Grey came today. Saved my ass, and everything is okay once again.

Though I get this feeling that Grey still feels guilty for letting me go today.

Maybe it's a bond thing?

I shudder suddenly as he places a small kiss onto my neck.

I open my mouth to engage on my thoughts and tell him I'm safe because of him, but he cuts off my words, "Come on, you need to take a shower." He pulls away and gives me a smile but this one doesn't quite reach his eyes.

His eyes still tell me they're concerned, like he hasn't gotten through his mind that I'm completely fine now. Other than the dried blood in my hair, face, oh and on Faye's hoodie. Though all of it is from my fight with Jack, but none of it's mine.

Grey starts to walk away to the house but I quickly reach out, grabbing his hand and pulling him back.

Intensely I stare into his eyes. His deep blue mixing with my emerald green. "I know you still blame yourself for all of this. I can see it in your eyes," quickly he retreats his eyes as if I'm retrieving all of his secrets from looking in them.

But I grab his face quickly replacing his gaze onto mine. "Firstly, it's not your fault that Jack confronted me. If it was anyone's fault it'd be mine because I was the one clumsy enough to run into him." This time it's my turn to look away from him.