Chapter 33

tw/ morbid descriptions

Blinking heavily we shuffle down stairs.

"Willa! What happened?" I worried voice calls as soon as we make it into the living room.

But this voice isn't worried, no they're just trying to cover their ass.

I narrow my eyes at Jared who comes running up to us. Grey's hand tightens around mine instinctively. 

I shrug looking down, trying to convince Jared of my acting. "When I went running this morning I accidentally went outside the territory and a rogue attacked me." I say monotonously playing the part.

"I'm so sorry to hear that," he says placing a hand over his heart.

I nod towards him playing along with the show that he's putting on. "So that's exactly why I'm making you head of guard again," Grey speaks up quickly.

I watch as Jared smiles wickedly, slyly shooting me a look from the corner of his eye. He then goes in, giving Grey a hug.

As they embrace I start to feel sweat rise on my forehead.

More gathers as the second passes.

My eyes blink heavily as I swipe off the sweat before the boys can look at me. Maybe you should tell Grey.

It'll stress him out more. I'm just a little hot. Nothing threatening about it.

"Here, lets go down to the cells. We changed some things since you've been gone," Greyson continues lying through his teeth.

Jared soaks up every word, not expecting a thing.

Grey links everyone else, saying that we are on our way to the cells. They all respond with either eager or anxious for the events that'll follow.

On the way there I feel like we're walking forever. With each step my energy goes down, depleting quickly as I keep having to wipe the sweat off my forehead.

Neither of the guys notices my movements as they were walking ahead of me. 

Greyson keeping to his part with being all friendly with Jared.

I think you should tell Grey Willa. This doesn't feel right.

No I'm fine. Like I said, I don't want to screw up the plan. Greyson doesn't need another thing to stress about.

We walk down the cold, stone stairs into the where the cells are located. This is where I spent my first day here.

That feels like a lifetime ago.

"Good to be back down here," Jared says. He stretches his arms behind him like being down here is comfortable to him.

"We renovated Cell B. Here follow me," Grey says leading us into the cell.

Jared steps in first looking around.

Grey pushes me in as Faye, Seb, and Koda run in behind us.

Jared turns to us with a confused expression.

Faye closes the door behind her so that we're locked in with the devil himself.

We all stand before him.

My eyes travel around briefly before I shuffle back, standing behind everyone.

Shrugging my shoulders I rub my arms feeling a chill go through the room. Only to dry my forehead of the sweat a second later.

Jared suddenly starts laughing making me snap my head up.

Low growls start emitting from everyone. "That bitch told you, didn't she?" Jared says still chuckling slightly.