Chapter 72

Ever since the day that we found Maxen, things haven't been quite the same. Everyone is so on edge, scared for what comes next.

We had a proper burial for him, and celebrated his life. Though after that, it was time to prepare.

Countless hours in the facility learning to ready ourselves, we have to make the best versions of ourselves.

Though even after days and days of training, I still have no wolf. I cant even remember what it feels like to be one anymore. It just feels like a distant memory.

Not to mention that the withdrawal is taking a toll on my body. From fevers, nausea, jitters, hallucinations, insomnia. I have it all.

Greyson has gone back to forcing me to go to sleep with his voice. It's either that or my body refuses to sleep with constant thoughts and bad scenarios.

Maxen's death, and the warning portrayed by the death isn't helping my situation.

Not to mention Seb is more distraught than usual.

Even after meeting his mate, he still hasn't seen her again since they met. He doesn't want to bring her here because it's too dangerous. Then he does not want to meet her in town because he could potentially leave all of us if Bahee suddenly comes.

Though I still hear them calling each other at various times during the day.

Their calls is one of the only good things happening around here.

Everyone else is merely preparing for the worst.

"Willa," I pant looking up to Grey who nods at me holding up his fists. Shaking my head clear I then hold up my own.

"Sorry," I swing a punch which he catches with ease. "I was just-" I duck out of the way of his punch. "-thinking about everything."

Sweat steadily drops off my forehead, as we continue going back and forth. His own skin glistening with sweat, I guess I can call it a mini victory.

"Stop thinking," he sighs before kicking his foot. I frown jumping back and out of the way.

I don't think he knows who he's talking to. I never stop thinking, and tend to over think. "Not that easy," I grunt before running towards him again sending multiple punches. Frowning I watch as he blocks all of them and in the process he manages to grab my wrist.

He smirks flicking his eyes to me before he twists my arm so my wrist lies between my shoulder blades. Arching my back, I groan in pain until he takes out my legs.

My face presses to the ground as he sits on my back. "If you lose focus then you can't fight, and if you cant fight-" he pauses only to grab a fist full of my hair. I scrunch my face as he pulls my head off the ground. A shiver runs down my spine when I feel his finger trace from one side of my neck to the other signifying it being slit. "-you're dead," he whispers pressing his lips to the top of my ear.

He finally let's go of my hair and wrist which makes me release the air that I've kept pent up in my lungs.

Sighing I turn under him so I can look at him. Resting the back of my head in the mat he looks down to me with an amused expression. "My head's just everywhere right now, but-" I smirk resting my hands on the top of his legs. "-you have to admit that I am getting better." I smile quickly after, urging him to move along with the conversation.

He smiles a small smirk, putting his hands on either side of my head. "True, but-"

"But?" He chuckles, pressing a finger to my lips silencing me.