Chapter 60

At first I woke up slowly, but when everything started coming back to me my eyes shoot open. I gasp when I see my breath forming in the cold air, my body instantly erupting in shivers as the coldness cloaks my body. It only takes me a second to realize that I've been stripped down to my underwear and bra, causing my core temperature to drop faster.

The brittleness in my body, making it so much harder to move.

Bars surround me, letting me know I'm in a sort of cell. Maybe a cage?

As much as I try to make sense of the situation I am in, I can't wrap my head around it. Any of it. From beginning to end, just none of it adds up.

I push off the ground slowly as I continue to shiver, It feels like my body is frozen to the bone.

I need to find a way to get out of here. I'm going to find a way out of here.

Cringing I tug on different bars surrounding me. I try to see if there are any loose ones that I can possibly pry open. Though every time I move pain tingles all the way down to my toes and radiates back up to my skull.

Taking a deep breath I push on a different bar, and to my luck it starts twisting beneath my fingers.

If I were able to jump for joy right now, that's exactly what I would be doing.

The metal creaks as it slides from underneath, my smile growing in size as it slowly comes out of place.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you," a voice mumbles behind me.

I flinch away from the bar, feeling my heart instantly erupt. I guess I was too focused on the bar that I didn't hear the footsteps coming towards me.

My head peers behind my shoulder timidly. My gaze growing cold and disgusted as I finally make eye contact with the man that I used to call my friend. "What do you want with me, Koda?" I mumble, hearing my voice come out in a rasp.

"Bahee-"

I cut him off with a chuckle, "Of course this has to deal with him. So you've been working for him all this time?" I finally turn my whole body towards Koda, watching as he crosses his arms. His eyes looking to the ground quickly.

"Willa, just let me explain-"

"Don't say my name," I whisper hugging my arms around me to try and recollect warmth.

"Let me explain," he rephrases his words before taking a big breath. I bite my tongue so I don't cut him off again with the anger radiating through me. "Earlier Silas and I went to the training building off territory to get time to ourselves. We were just sitting and talking when Isaac came through the doors, though when he saw Silas and I, he froze. He told us that we had to leave quickly, and before we knew what was happening Bahee stormed through the doors."

I take a couple steps closer to Koda, as he watches me through the bars.

"Bahee and his guards took Silas while they held me down, and he told me that I would be able to see Silas again if I did this for him." He sighs as his mouth forms into a frown. "If I took you."

I shake my head, rubbing a stressful hand over my eyes. "Wait-" I pause as the gears in my head spin rapidly. "Isaac was from Bahee's pack, and so was Silas. So why didn't Silas recognized him before and warn us?"

Koda shakes his head. "He was threatened to not say anything, back when we first met. Isaac was their plan B for a while now."

I blow out a breath before my teeth start chattering wildly. "Willa," Koda sighs as I look back up to him. "Take this," he tells me while handing me his coat. I snatch it quickly from his hands before wrapping it around my body. "L-Listen, I'm going to get Greyson so we can work this out. I'm not going to let them hurt you, okay? I just didn't know what else to do."