Chapter 12

Willa's POV~

I stand alone in the center of the room after Koda leaves. Greyson still kneeling in front of the bed.

Did they believe my lie? Or did they see right through me?

I had to protect them. I mean if I couldn't do it with my strength, I'll do it with not telling a soul that Jared almost killed me tonight.

Sighing I roll my neck painfully, it hurts so bad.

In an instant I feel Greyson's arms snake around my waist from behind, instantly I feel warm and cuddly on the inside. Resting his head thoughtfully on my shoulder, I lean back in his embrace.

"I wish I got here earlier so you wouldn't of gotten hurt," he says softly.

Sighing I close my eyes, "You were in an important meeting. It's not like you could've known." I trail off.

He huffs out, "I could've known. I could've felt that you were in danger if I just-" he stops himself from finishing his sentence.

Rubbing my hands across his that are splayed across my stomach, I raise my eyebrow even if he can't see it. "If you what?" I ask softly.

Greyson puts his forehead onto my shoulder, "If I marked you." That sentence made shivers rush all the way down my spine even if I didn't know what it meant.

"What's that?"

Softly he places a kiss upon my shoulder, making me sigh contently. "When one mate marks another they're connected. Their feelings for each other grow. Whatever emotion one is feeling, the other can feel it too." He rubs his hands over my stomach as he begins to list off what exactly this is.

"Since you're a human you can't mind link me like all the other werewolves in the pack. But we can talk to each other via mind whenever you want to. If you're injured like an open wound, bruises, even if it's more serious than that. The mark will let me heal you faster. But most importantly if ones in danger the other can sense it." He lists off, and my eyes slightly grow. How can one thing, have so many effects?

"It's the first step before fully mating, and i'm sure I don't have to explain what that is." He chuckles making my back vibrate.

"Nope I understand," I quickly rush out making him laugh harder. Im not completely opposed to being marked by Greyson. I've said it once and I'll say it again, I feel a pull towards him. I can't explain it, but it's a strong pull.

But the only thing is, we haven't kissed yet.

You think that after all this neck kissing, and physical contact we'd at least kissed. But, we haven't. And now that I think about it, I want nothing else but his lips on mine.

This over wheeling feeling is so strong, i can't resist. Suddenly, before I can even register what my body is doing I twist around in his grasp. Roughly I grab onto his face and I pull him towards me. Our lips clash together, and as if the clouds opened up. Something good finally happens in my life.

Greyson freezes for just a second shocked at my sudden actions. But in an instant he corrects himself pulling me closer to his body with his grasp around my waist.

The kiss is electrifying and I never knew I wanted it so much until this very moment.

Kisses with Jack never felt like this.

Slowly we walk backwards until the bed touches the back of my knees. Greyson nibbles on my bottom lip making me gasp, he takes the opportunity to deepen the kiss and I happily let him.

Lowering me down to the bed, the covers seem to mold around me, as Greyson hovers above.

Finally I let my hands drift from their position on his cheeks traveling downward. I take up the feeling of his built body as my hands make a mental map.