Chapter 42

"Do I really have to wear white?" I whine watching as Faye runs over with even more white dresses clutched in her arms.

She giggles hanging them up on the wall of the dressing room. "Yes, it's tradition."

Giving her a groan I sit on the stool watching as she goes and retrieves more articles.

Why white?

Putting my head against the wall, I close my eyes.

After Grey brought me breakfast, Penelope and Liam joined us.

"Have you guys bought your outfits for the Harvest festival?" Penelope asks us while I take a bite out of my toast.

My eyebrows scrunch as I look over to Grey, his head thrown back as he groans. "I completely forgot," he mumbles.

"Harvest festival?" I look to Penelope and Liam sitting on the opposite couch. They smile softly at my cluelessness.

Liam sits back crossing his legs. "Greyson," he smirks.

Grey glares at him from across the room knowing that Liam wants him to talk. "It's hard to explain," he waves his hand. But Liam just clears his throat raising an eyebrow.

Now I see where Grey gets his stubbornness.

Grey sighs in defeat looking over to me. "On the tenth full moon of the year we hold a Harvest Festival." He starts, crossing his arms over his chest. "All of our allied packs come and catch up with each other."

"So when is this?" I ask setting my breakfast aside.

Grey sighs, closing his eyes. "Next week."

My eyebrows rise, oblivious about this whole thing. What will we do during it? How many people are coming?

"I have everything under control," Grey pauses. "Mostly."

"Greyson, what do you need to handle still?" Penelope asks quietly.

"The packs. We may be allied with all the packs coming, but that doesn't mean everyone will get along. Not to mention the Lunar pack will be there." Greyson rushes out. "I already told the Alpha of the Lightwood pack not attend since they're in a territory stand off at the moment."

For reassurance I lay my head on his shoulder grabbing his hand that was resting on my leg. "Our territory, our rules." I whisper smugly. I didn't even realize I said it out loud until everyone starting laughing quietly.

"Don't worry. If Alpha Bahee is wise, he won't start anything. Especially surrounded by our closest allies." Penelope soothes.

Grey nods collecting our words for a moment. His eyes moving back and forth as he thinks.

I watch him seeing what he does next.

Though he just gives a small smile standing up.

My hand falls from his as he grabs my plate. "Lets gather the others to get outfits, yeah?" He tells me before walking into the kitchen.

"Yeah," I whisper as he's too far away to hear.

"Willa," Liam calls making my head snap over. "He's lucky to have you," he catches me off guard as he gives me a warm smile.

It's almost identical to Grey's.

Smiling back I give him a firm nod. I open my mouth to say something back, but Grey comes rushing back taking my hand. "We should get going."