Chapter 2

tw/ heavy interrogating scene

Blinking. Eyes sensitive from the previous turn of events. Body achy from the chemicals that was inhaled into my body.

I sit up abruptly, panting.

I notice I'm laying on a concrete ground with bars encircling me in a little cage.

The pungent smell of death and rotting flesh, hits me as I inhale a breath.

Where the hell am I?

I try to stand, but as I lift up off the ground my legs wobble and I get sent right back to the concrete.

I need to get out of here, I need to leave.

I look around for any source of escape, but as I search I find nothing. No windows just dim lights hanging above each cell. Iron bars far enough apart to where no person would be able to squeeze through.

I can't escape.

"Well well, looks like you're finally awake," I hear a deep voice boom to the left of me.

Quickly I scramble to the opposite side of the cell, my breath quickly becoming rapid in horror. I see a tall man with light brown hair, his body is built and buff. If I ever had to get away from him I wouldn't be able to.

He walks towards my cage letting the light hit his dark brown eyes that almost come out as black. What does he want with me? Why did he take me? I did absolutely nothing. I ran to get away from the reality that was slowly swallowing my life.

"You're a quiet one aren't you?" He asks while a smirk pulls onto his face. In response I tuck my knees to myself pulling them closer to me. I can't find myself to say anything to him, fear would take over me and I wouldn't be able to finish my sentence. "Don't worry, I'll get you screaming in an instant," he states swinging the cell door open.

Scream? Why would I scream? What is he going to do with me?

My breathing intensifies as he stalks over to me. I try to push myself further back, but the bars stop me from doing so.

In an instant he grabs my forearm harshly pulling me. His grip so strong I can feel the bruise forming, shit I can almost feel my bone breaking. Bruise is an understatement.

He drags me down a hall and into another room. The room is dark and musty with stones for walls and a swinging light bulb. It reeks of mold and yet again death.

And sitting in the middle of it is a big metallic chair and guess who gets pushed into it? Bingo, me and might I add not gentle either.

Quickly my hands and feet are cuffed to the the chair by the buff guy standing smugly in front of me.

I huff a piece of my long hair out of my eye and glare up to him. No longer am I scared, more furious if you could put it.

I don't know what's gotten into me, but I don't fear him, I despise him. "We can do this the easy way or the hard way sweetheart," he blandly states. I almost roll my eyes at the stereotypical thing to say, "Just tell me what you're doing in this territory." He crosses his arms over his chest quizzically.

Territory? I make a confused face. What the hell does he mean by territory.

He sighs, "Humans don't wander into this territory, ever. It's too far out for anyone to just stumble upon it. So why are you here?" He takes a step towards me.

And what the hell does he mean by "humans?" Isn't he one too? "I-I don't know wh-" I'm interrupted with a hard force connecting with the side of my face.