Chapter 39

Taking a deep breath I peer up at the window above my head. It shows the rising sun, starting to create light in this dark and cold room.

I haven't moved since I slid down the wall. I've stayed planted on the ground, reflecting on what just happened.

It's been hours, but I haven't had the energy to get up and move to the bed.

Amara is silent. She hasn't made a sound since Greyson ran out of the room.

I can't tell if I should count it as something I should be worried about, or not.

Tying my hair up, I curl my knees to my chest drawing mindless circles into the flooring. No matter how hard I try not to compare, I can't stop myself.

When Greyson was yelling at me, all I could picture was my step father.

I shake my head softly getting the thought out of my head. Greyson is nothing like Darren.

Stop thinking like that.

While I'm continuing my finger along the ridges in the floor, I hear the door click open.

My head shoots up, eyes wide.

A figure walks in, followed by two other figures.

I expect Greyson, but he's no where in sight. Only Faye, Seb, and Koda come in.

"Wow, I must be popular," my words drop with sarcasm as Koda closes the door behind them.

"You are," Seb smirks taking a seat next to me on the floor.

Faye follows his lead sitting on the opposite side. She instantly grabs my hand giving it a tight squeeze.

I watch as Koda turns on a different lamp so it's not as dark, before he sits in front of me.

Closing my eyes I rest my head on Seb's shoulder, I'm so exhausted.

"Willa," Koda speaks quietly. "Grey told us everything he did."

Groaning I clench my eyes shut. "I don't want to talk about it," I whisper. My voice breaking in the process.

Faye squeezes my hand. "We have to girly. You can't bottle up things."

I'm silent for a long time, trying to gather my thoughts. I'd rather just fall asleep on Sebastian's shoulder, he smells nice.

Peering out of cracked eyes I watch Koda.

His different, yet beautiful eyes wide. He stares at Faye, nodding. Then they snap to Sebastian like he's listening, even if they're not verbally talking.

"Stop linking each other," I grumble.

All of them quickly look down to me, their faces guilty. "We're just worried Piglet," Seb says making me sit up straight.

"You haven't called me that in ages," I smirk letting go of Faye's hand, I just need change the subject. Maybe that'll work.

I bring my arms around my legs as I rest my chin on my knees.

Seb smiles softly, pushing up his glasses.

They all stare at me, not knowing what to say. I'm grateful that they're concerned, but they're not doing too hot in the advice department.

It's awkward, with slight shuffling of each person. They know it's awkward as well.

If I don't say something it's going to be like this until I do say something.

So I give them what they want, what I'm thinking.

Sighing loudly I stare to the ceiling feeling tears start to spring in my eyes. "He reminded me of Darren when he lashed out."