Chapter 56

Willa's POV~

"Pst," I roll my eyes while turning over in bed. "You don't need to watch me sleep." I look up to Grey who, loosens his grip on me with my words.

He sighs rubbing his tired eyes.

He hasn't slept lately, all because of the fear of me walking.

"Grey," I sigh setting my hands on his face softly. Running my thumbs over the bags under his eyes, I frown. "Your mom gave me a trick on how to wake myself up when I am sleep walking. I know how to handle it."

"But, you haven't slept walked for the past few nights. You have never tried out this trick, Willa." He groans closing his eyes slowly. "What if the one time I fall asleep, you leave and something bad happens, and I'm still sleeping?"

"You don't have anything to worry about, I know I can do this."

He peeks through his eyes for a second before they fall closed again.

I hum quietly, pushing his hair away from his face. Which then makes his head fall deeper into the pillow out of exhaustion.

So the only sensible thing to do is to continue playing with his hair.

He doesn't have an option to not sleep. He's an Alpha. He has things to do, places to go, people to greet. If he won't do it on his own, that just means I have to give him the little push off the ledge to get him to sleep.

"Stop," He whispers. His eye lashes twitch, but his eyes never open. "Willa-" he whispers breathily making me smirk. Soon after his head lawls back to the pillow and his breathing becomes regulated.

As soon as I hear the steady beating of his heart, my smirk quickly changes into a frown.

I sigh laying my head back on the pillow. My eyes open as wide as they can be. Just because I know a trick to snap me out of sleep walking, doesn't mean I'm not afraid.

Greyson holding me tight isn't helping my tired state. The warmness of his skin against my own. His breath fanning softly against the base of my neck. The soft pounding of his heart, beating against my own.

Before I know it my eyes start slipping closed. "Stay awake, Willa," I whisper to myself readjusting my position to try and keep awake. Staring up at the ceiling, my eyes start becoming blurry.

Just go to sleep, it's not that big of a deal. It's been days since the time it's happened.

Slowly I feel my eyes slipping closed, even when I try my best efforts to keep them open. My cheek falls against Greyson's forehead, and my vision turns black.

Suddenly I'm surrounded by coldness. My lungs feeling compressed and frigid.

It's almost like I can't breathe. Like there's no air anymore.

My eyes open and I find myself underwater. Instinctively my arms thrash around the water, I need to get to the top. I need to breathe.

As much as I paddle to the top, my head won't break the surface. I can't get air, I can't breathe.

Blinking once, blinking twice, I pause the struggle.

This isn't real. This can't be real.

Defy your dream. I can hear Penelope telling me. This is how I get out of here.

Closing my eyes, I prepare myself. Without wasting a second, I take a deep breathe in of the water. Yet instead of choking on the fluid, I feel air run into my lungs.

Only for my eyes to shoot open a second later, my body coming to a halt as I inhale a deep breath of air.

Glancing around with wide eyes, I shake my head. Of course I slept walked.