Chapter 59

I hug my legs to my chest as I press my cheek against my knees. I should be mad-I should be mad at Greyson, or Isaac, or Bahee, but I'm not. I just don't know what to feel. 

Am I sad? I was at first.

Am I relieved? I don't know.

Maybe I'm just numb. The realization keeps coming to me, that If Isaac didn't change his intentions like he did, what would've happened? 

He was a spy, yes. But was he sent here to do more harm than simply telling Bahee everything that was going on?  Was he sent here with more ill intentions?

I close my eyes when I hear the door creak open. My head facing in the opposite direction, but I already know it's Greyson. He had to go inform everyone the situation, and what exactly happened. He wanted me to come, but saw I was in no shape to speak in front of people.

"Hey," he says softly as I feel the bed dip down next to me. I sigh, finally peering up at him reluctantly. I haven't moved since he's left me here, and I can tell that it's concerning him.  "Willa-" he trails tucking my hair behind my ear gently.

"I'm okay, " I croak out. My voice just barely above a whisper. 

"No you're not," he replies almost like he's talking to himself trying to piece things together. 

I pick up my head, resting my chin on my knees besides my cheek. Grey is quick to cup my cheek within his palm. His thumb drawing circles into my skin. "I'll be okay," I correct myself.

His eyebrows crease as he looks in my eyes, searching for something. An answer, maybe?

I bite my lip looking away from his eyes finding them hard to look at momentarily. 

My emotions are so confusing now. I still haven't gotten used to them and its been months since I transitioned.

Human emotions are so black and white and easy to decipher.

Now I have two different thoughts in my head and at times they don't agree with each other which make it hard for myself to understand what I truly feel.

I growl softly to myself pressing my fingertips to my temples. 

"Look, I'll give you a couple of minutes there's someone waiting for you downstairs when you feel up to it." He squeezes my leg softly before he walks out of the room. 

Once I hear the door close I flop back on the bed feeling my head sink into the pillow.  

Only if I knew the intentions behind Isaac sooner, I could've gotten him out of his messy situation. I could've helped him.

If you keep thinking like that, you won't feel better. 

I don't know what else I can think about.

Isaac is dead and I don't know how to take my mind off of it, or what to do about it, how to feel about it. 

Groaning I throw my arm over my eyes.

"You took too much time, so I came to see the princess herself." 

Instantly I feel myself smile in what it feels like forever, as I set up quickly in bed. "Faye," I breathe standing up from the bed. She smirks walking to me with open arms, and quickly we hug each other laughing quietly.

"How are you? How is it in the new pack?" I smile leaning back so I can look at her. 

She smiles nodding, "So good." I can see her happiness radiating off of her. "Eli and I, it's just crazy."

Her hair falls behind her shoulder letting me see her new mark, making my grin grow. "I'm so happy for you, and I'm so glad you're here." I pull her in fro another hug, holding onto her tightly. It feels so good to have her back.