Chapter 53

"Wow, I mean wow this is so good," Isaac says with a mouthful of food. His hair still dripping from the shower he just took. "It's been so long since I've had good food."

I smile sitting down next to him on the bed.

"Isaac," I huff out. He swallows what was left in his mouth before looking up to me. "If you don't mind me asking, how'd you lose your pack."

He nods wiping his mouth with the back of his hand, "Well," he pauses rubbing his hands together. His face shows indecisiveness as if he doesn't know if he should share the story or not.

I reach out, about to tell him that there's no pressure. Though he just shakes his head slightly, smiling. "We were living in the mountains," he starts. "But then there was a mudslide, and we had to scatter in a hurry." His wide brown eyes darting all over his lap as memories come back to him. "My sister left her favorite doll in our house, so I ran back to get it. But once I came back, everyone was gone. I tried to follow their scents, but I'm not a good tracker."

I frown, watching as he rubs his eyes with balled fists. "So that's how I got here, I've been wondering around ever since hoping to run into them."

Isaac sets his meal aside, most of it gone. Though I'm sure he's lost his appetite after retelling his story.

He lost his family, his friends. Why did they leave him? Was there another landslide causing them to have no choice but leave him? Or did they purposely leave him for some reason?

No they couldn't, he's so young. He couldn't be capable of anything bad enough to be cast out.

I shake my head clear of my thoughts. "Listen Isaac," I stutter out which makes his attention draw to me. "My mate, he knows a lot of packs. I'm sure that he could help you find them."

I'm sure once Grey gets past the whole "brought a stranger into the territory" bit, he will be willing to find Isaac's pack.

"We're such a small pack, I doubt-wait where am I? What pack is this?" He asks, realization finally setting in his eyes.

"This is the Hudson Pack," I nod watching his eyes grow wider.

He thrums his fingers across his bottom lip before biting it. "I've heard of this pack before. If I'm not mistaken the alpha is Greyson Hudson, right?"

Isaac has heard about us? And he knows who Grey is? I can't help the confused smile to twitch at my lips. "Greyson, yeah. Which is also my mate," I trail squinting my eyes.

Though when Isaac's eyes become surprised, leaning back to take a better look at me, I become even more confused. "You're the Luna?"

I nod.

He then mumbles something under his breath that I can't quite make out. I hum quietly telling him that I didn't understand. Though he just shakes his head connecting his eyes back to mine. "Nothing," he flashes a smile quickly. "I just didn't know you were the Luna. You've shown me more kindness then my own."

Smiling, I'm not sure how to respond. Sure I'm happy that he thinks I'm kind, but at the same time is his Luna that bad?

Quietly I take his plate that he set aside, standing. "I have to run downstairs. I'll be up later, but don't leave the room until I say so. Nobody knows you're here yet," I speak seriously.

We don't need Sebastian or a different pack member stumbling across him. That could end badly. Very badly.

"Got it," he then whispers as I close the door quietly.

Taking a deep breath out I turn around letting go of the handle. "Did you sleep in the guest room last night?"

Sucking in a sharp breath my eyes shoot open seeing Seb eye me suspiciously. "I would think that being in yours and Grey's room would be more comforting."