Chapter 22: "D.R.B"

Frediano Pov

After our silent car ride to the hotel then dropping her off and taking her bags I wonder if she knows that this is my hotel

Saying Goodbye to Emerald she didn't utter a word but grabbed her bags to go to her room I was disappointed. I really wanted to make it up to her but I didn't know how.Going back in my car and driving off to go home I call a local florist and order twelve huge bouquets of roses and send it to her hotel room with a card and my number attached to one of them that sounds romantic I thought, hope she will like it. Totaling up to $275.00 I told her that someone will come by to hand her the money. I specifically told the florist what hotel and hotel room she would be in and make sure she gets it by tonight.

After hanging up my phone suddenly starts ringing it's my mother

"Hello" I answered

"Hi son, how are you I haven't seen or spoken to you in a while Dahlia tells me you're doing fine." She said

"Yes I am mom I'm doing just fine business is good." only telling her what she needed to know

"Son did your father tell you how we met?" She asked

What a random question she asked me why bring this up now for what I thought

"Yes he did." I said back

"Well Frediano I'm going to tell you my version
We met back in the mid seventies Florence had such a vintage look to now I was waitress working my 4pm to 11pm shift on a Friday I was so tired and my feet were killing me..."

"Why are you telling me this mom what is your point." I questioned interrupting her

"I will tell you Frediano don't interrupt me again" she said sternly

"Like I said." continuing

My feet were killing me it was the near end of my shift and my boss asked me to take care of this table of men since he knew I was best waitress there my boss seem a little nervous looking at them like they were robbers it's was seven of them dressed in business suits white and black while I had a white shirt and a black pencil skirt with food and wine stains on outfit with my hair in a messy bun I looked a mess.

Walking up to the table the first person stare at me was your father he looked exactly like you Frediano tall,beautiful eyes and really nice hair laughing to herself but he was a little taller than you.

Asking them what would they like to order the other men were staring at me like I was some stupid waitress but your father was different he had passion and sincerity when he looked at me like he saw what our future would of been like  before I said yes to marry him.

Before the men said what they wanted to eat your father asked them all to leave and with no hesitation one by one they all left. Looking at me quizzically he asked me to sit down and talk but I quickly shook my head saying no but he insisted I told him I would get in trouble by my boss but he didn't care he looked at me and told me he owned the place.
My boss was scared of your father he left after he told him to leave he ran out of there, after that we talked all night staying in the restaurant that was my first date I ever had I was 21 years old and your was 26 years old ever since then I will always love him. Only a few people in the world will have a true love your father was mine.

Frediano I want you to understand something your father and I have been married for over 30 years he will always have a special place in my heart. This relationship with Joe will never ever compare to what your father and I had.

After Being silent all this time I began to speak still driving home

"I know mom I know I just makes me mad when you speak so highly of joe like he was my father and you know they had been friends for years when dad started this business Joe just makes me think like he has ulterior motives or something."

"Like I said to you before Frediano he will never ever replace your father. Joe is just someone I really care for One day you will understand what's it's like to be really in love and someone love you back."

Are you talking about Joe ?! I yelled through the phone

"No crazy my husband the love of my life and your father."

"Dominic Roberto Benza" she finally said

***********************

Authors Note

Finally you guys know Frediano's dad name he will pop up more throughout this story I wanted to write a special chapter about him and Elena how they first met.

Almost 40000 reads thanks guys so much!!!!

Keep voting, commenting and sharing till next time my loves!!!