Chapter 41: "Googled Him"

Emerald pov

The next day

Waking up early to take care of my morning necessities I put on a simple blue jeans and light pink shirt with white gladiator sandals while Monica who is still getting ready after I woke her up twice this morning. We've both deciding that we first get breakfast then after go sightseeing and then maybe to a museum afterwards if we aren't to tired.

At this moment now try not to think about it or even deal with the aftermath of yesterday's events I'm just extremely irritated I didn't mean to hang up on Frediano I just did it out of frustration. I'm really trying to wrap my head around his mafia lifestyle but he needs to control his men including his so called best friend Alessandro.

After he left with his threat still lingering in the air and then Monica finally coming out of the bathroom she started asking about him and why was he there but couldn't even give her a direct answer because I truly didn't understand his problem or purpose to being there. I mean I got the message plain and simple. What irritates me the most is that I secretly think that he is genuinely cares about Frediano like a brother but now cussing out Frediano for Alessandro's no boundaries issue and I wasn't fucking having it. I need Frediano to keep his promise and handle the situation like he needs to.

Pulling me out of my thoughts Monica exits out her bedroom wearing a very pretty lavender colored sundress with regular black flip flops on her feet and her down straight he looked pretty.

"Good morning Emerald, are you ok? it seems like you were in a trance." Monica asked me

"Yeah this is your tenth time asking me since yesterday and I'm fine just up and ready to go I can't wait for you to see..."

Then cutting me off

"Look Emerald I'm going to continue to ask if your ok because what's that guys name Alessandro clearly had an issue with you and me being nosy I was listening at the door I can not believe he had the audacity to threaten you...

"I have it handled.." wanting to end the conversation immediately

"Do you really have it handle or does Frediano?" Monica asked seriously

"Frediano has it handle when it comes to his best friend." I answered her quickly

Ok then let's go Monica said as she headed for the front door "I'm starving for Caramel macchiato and a bacon egg and cheese breakfast sandwich." Being a little over dramatic while holding her stomach.

"Wait." I said to her and I asked
"If you already knew what was going on what did you keep asking me what happened after Alessandro left?"

Taking her hand off the door handle she said to me "Because Emerald I expected you to tell me the truth about what was really going on and you couldn't even do that."

Stunned I said to Monica "Wow really Monica I know I should of said something to you last night but you just got here yesterday morning and already I have drama while I'm on vacation."

"That's an understatement?" Monica said under her breath

"And what does that mean?" I asked her

"Well I looked Frediano up on Google before I came here and this Frediano guy is super loaded and fine as hell."

"Ok what the fuck does that have to do with anything Monica?"

"It fucking has to do with everything Emerald, maybe he is the playboy type the one you have all your investment in loving him just for him to break your heart."

All I'm thinking to myself is where the hell is this coming from?

"Before we leave out this suite this morning we need to settle this, first off don't take everything you google about Frediano seriously because you don't even know him, secondly is that this is the second time you said something like this because the first time was in the taxi and your probably thinking that I would have forgotten but I didn't. Now this rate I don't want you to even meet him because of what you are already saying about him."

"I'm just trying to understand your relationship with him that's all." Monica said

"You don't really need to understand anything because it's not your relationship, I just want you to be my cousin and listen. And now we can go and get some breakfast the cafe in the hotel lounge is great." I said to hear ending the conversation

Walking past her and opening the front door going to start our first official day together in Florence, leaving her stunned and mute following behind me.

*************************************

Author's Note

Uh oh Emerald is finally addressing Monica and let me tell you I absolutely love it!!!!

Till next time keep Voting Commenting and Sharing!!!!