Chapter 55: "Toy Car"

Emerald Pov

Waking up the next morning felt good it felt like everything was some sort of in place Monica and I spent the whole day yesterday talking to each other it was nice to have her not so judgmental about my relationship with Frediano but one thing kept pressing me Frediano and I still needed to talk about his child yesterday after having lunch we said our goodbyes kissed each other and that was it we didn't even discuss the real issue his son and it's baby mother. Wanting to go back to his house to talk it through with him I just had to know one thing, where do I fit in all of this. That child does need to have his father and mother around but what kind of mother keeps a child away from its father even when it's her fault she fucked up.

Frediano will explain it more when I get there, now getting already dressed in my blue jeans and bright pink off the shoulder top with black sandals and hair in a bun so quickly talk to Monica about where I'm going. Still in her pajamas Monica eating cereal the room service brought up she looks at me saying
"It's 9:30 in the morning and all you had was a breakfast bar"
Telling her I wasn't really hungry and I was going to Frediano's house she responds with "I think you should wait and go later it's early and we should go to the park or something."

"Monica you know I have to speak with Frediano about him having a child it's important for me to do it."

"But what if he isn't there you said yourself he leaves early in the morning and if you go now and he isn't there that's a wasted trip and you want me here all in the penthouse alone, nope won't do it either you stay or I'm coming with you." Monica said

"Are you serious what did I just say to you?" I said annoyed

"Emerald please can it just be you and I today." Monica said almost pleading with me

"Damn it Monica I'll stay but tomorrow I'm going to his house alone ok."

"Good ok then." Monica said finishing up her cereal then putting the dish in the kitchen sink
"Let me take a shower first then maybe be can go to a flea market."

"That sounds like a plan." I said to her
Watching Monica go to the bathroom and as she shuts the door to get ready I grab the regular hotel phone in the living room to call Frediano on his cell phone, after ringing a couple of times  it goes straight to voicemail, that's unusual I thought he always answer when I call but leaving a voicemail anyway I say "Hey Frediano it's me call I'm going to spend the whole day today with Monica today but I'm coming by tomorrow morning I think you have a lot to talk about, you know bye." Hanging up I'm left wondering why he didn't answer.

*****************

Frediano Pov

The Next Morning

After having a minor confrontation with Alessandro over the phone yesterday I spent the rest of the day just around the house doing nothing something I haven't done in a while. But today was a new day and I need to get a few things in order, first on my list would have to be my child.

Wearing a navy and white tuxedo with black dress shoes I had a quick breakfast the maids made for me and I headed out the door going to my mother's house which I knew Adriana would be there with my son and by the time I got there I was right she was there. Knocking on the door it opens up to show Adriana wearing a black strapless sundress with black sandals and  her dark hair flowing onto her back to match and out of all honesty she looked sexy  but I wasn't going to tell her that.

But I did say was "You're answering door that doesn't belong to you." As I walked right through the front door, with her eyes still latched on to me she closes the front door and said "Your mother told me the maids were off today so I had to fend for myself and our son of course"

Now walking towards the living room I noticed a couple of baby toys scattered around the floor but one I particularly noticed a small yellow race car.

Picking it up I hold it in my hand turning around I look at Adriana who says "That's one of his favorite cars, he loves race cars." Trying not to make a awkward situation worse. Ignoring her I ask her where my mother was.
She responded saying "Oh she left with Joe earlier this morning, she told about the dynamic between you two..."

Interrupting her I said "Well that's none of your concern, but I need ask you something and you will answer."

"Umm ok" Adriana

"Why"

"You have to be more descriptive Frediano."

"Why tell me I have a son, why come back here why now."

Both of us still standing in the living room
Adriana was trying to find the right words to that question so she answered saying "I don't know after that indiscretion.."

"Indiscretion.... I know you are not talking about how you fucked Joe and Giovanni in my house."

"I will always regret that night but you don't understand I was scared I wasn't thinking clearly and it just happened, I knew I was pregnant the day before

"Why didn't you tell me."

"I couldn't, like I said I wasn't thinking clearly and one thing lead to another and another...."

Hearing this all over again just makes me sick I squeeze the toy car in my hand as hard a could trying so hard not to smack the shit out of her. Tell her enough and just answer the question

Sensing the tension Adriana sits down on the tan leather sofa with her face in her hands trying not to cry saying "A father needs to know his son and son needs to know his father, I'm so so sorry Frediano I knew will never forgive but maybe now some time has passed we can try to be a family."

Looking at her like she lost her mind there was no way that they will ever become family too much was done and still till this day it disgusted me to look at her.

Standing above her I said "You are nothing to me, you are just a women who gave birth to son as of right now your duties as a mother are over."

"What, what are talking about?" Adriana asked confused now standing up to look at Frediano with tears in her eyes.

"I'm telling you go away I'm taking my son home he is living with me from now on you can go back where you stayed hidden for two years."

"No Frediano, I'm his mother I'm all he knows!!!" She screamed out loud

"That's all over now, the day you opened your legs and mouth to Joe and Giovanni and took my son from me for two years and having the audacity to try to come back wanting to be a family."

"Frediano please I beg you don't take him away from me."

"Where is he?"

"Frediano...."

"Where is he Adriana?" I asked raising my voice to her

"Upstairs bedroom to the right." her voice shaking

Waking away I make my way to the staircase but suddenly feel something heavy hitting the back of my head and the next thing I know I fall to the floor as darkness overcame me dropping the toy car out of my hand...