Chapter 38: "Surpise Visits"

Emerald Pov

I fucking hate surprise visits from people I don't like and from people who certainly don't like me. I thought to myself irritated by Alessandro's presence. As Monica and I both drop our bags in the middle of the hardwood floor.

"Alessandro." Monica repeated back sounding a little unsettling remembering what I told her about him recently

Still standing there he comes out of the corner and walks toward to Monica with a slight smirk on his face he extends his hand out saying

"Yes I'm Alessandro Dranko I'm Frediano's friend and I need to speak to Emerald alone."

Extending her hand to him as they shake hands

"Are you dismissing my cousin Alessandro this is our suite you need to be dismissed." I said him annoyed

"Well this is Frediano's hotel so I'll go when I please." He said back with attitude in his tone

"Well I'm jet lagged and need to take a shower first so..." Monica said hesitating each word

"Down the hall then take a right." I said to Monica not taking my eyes off Alessandro

As Monica went about her business

"What do you want Alessandro? and how in the hell did you get in here." I asked

"Frediano told me where you were and I wanted to talk to you,so I'm here." Alessandro said

"Your lying he would never tell you our business and you know damn well he didn't tell you where I was. Now just tell me why you are so you can get the hell out." I said even more pissed off than before ready to slap off his face off.

Watching him walk to the nearby black leather couch as he sits he says to me

"Like I said before I'm here to talk about Frediano...."

Frediano Pov

The past two weeks it has been extremely good between Emerald and I, finally going on the picnic I talked about she told me about her cousin named Monica but practically her sister putting it in Emerald's words. I noticed she had so much joy talking about family and even though she was an only child her parents treated her like the young woman she was and never sheltered her.

She was so excited to see Monica and weeks of anticipation for her to get here.So I personally wanted Monica to have the best time here in Florence so I set Emerald and her up in the best suite in my hotel their own butler a beautiful view of the city.I also wanted to meet Monica since Emerald spoke so highly of her and since she was going to pick her up at the airport early today so I called her again today to see if she wanted me go with her to pick her up,thinking it was the perfect time to finally meet each but Emerald declined saying she just wanted a couple days with her cousin alone with her. Sort of disappointed I understood. So I told her to call me when they get settled in.

****

Still at home handling minor business calls about the gun shipments in my area and everything's been moving so smoothly no fuck ups. After all that my mind starts to wonder about my mother and her fuckery with Joe.I haven't spoken to Elena in a while, I just can't deal with the lies and the secrecy of it all she understood where I was at with the situation with him and what will happen if she did marry him.

Speaking of secrecy I thought more to myself Dahlia's been quiet since her trip with friends weeks before, we had conversations here and there but it's not like her to me what is going on with her everyday life she loved doing that.Grabbing the keys to my car I get leave my house heading to her penthouse.

Viewing the outside of her place I instantly have a flashback of the day Dahlia begged dad to buy her but our parents were skeptical because first she thought she was too young but with a little convincing father approved but only condition was she give them a key. But when our father died she stayed with mom because she didn't want our mother to be alone but now seeing that Joe practically lives there, I knew she wasn't there. Now knocking on her door I patiently wait for her to come. Opening the door I look at her surprised she looked disheveled like she just woken up out her bed wearing dark purple satin set pajamas.

"Don't you know what time it is Frediano?" Looking up and down at me while I wear my usual black and white suite.

"Well good morning to you too Dahlia Yes I do it's 10:30 am and your still in bed. Which is not like you." I said nonchalantly walking into her house

"Well walk your ass right in Freddie. What do you want?" Dahlia said annoyed

"What's gotten you in bad mood this morning, I just wanted to see how you were?"

"We just talked the night before."

"Yes we did looking at the same decor she had since she moved in years ago."

"What's wrong then?" Dahlia asked bluntly

Walking into her kitchen I quickly notice two coffee mugs on the grey marble kitchen counter

Following in behind me

I question her "who was over this morning Dahlia?"

"No one" she says back

Now facing her I ask again a little more agitated than last

"If you're seeing somebody can just tell it's not that serious."

"You're in my house mid morning questioning me like the fucking police." she said putting the two mugs in the sink

"Did he spend the night?" I asked more interested

Huffing out loud then folding her arms looking at me she said "You act more and more like dad everyday you know that. But if you must know Alessandro spent the night...."

*********************************
Author's Note

I told y'all I like to keep my lovely readers guessing......

Till next time my loves!!!!!!!!