Chapter 37: "Diamond Earrings"

Emerald POV

Two weeks later

Standing in the airport bag area early in the morning I calmly wait for Monica to show up wearing a peach colored sundress with plain white sandals. I can't wait to see her I missed her so much now she's finally here.

Thinking to myself for a moment these past two weeks with Frediano were a world wind to say the least going out almost everyday he actually had compassion for art and enjoyed visiting the museums with me and we actually went on that picnic which I also loved very much. Frediano is really a good man.

Seeing Monica in her grey sweatpants and white sweater little does she know it's hot here she's going to take it off. With a huge suitcase in her right hand.

"Emerald!" she yells out loud running towards me instantly hugging me.

"I'm so glad you're here Monica I can't wait to show the pictures I took of all the sites I've seen, we can actually go together later in this week."  I said to her hugging her tightly back.

Last night Frediano was persistent with me for him  to come with me he really wanted to meet Monica but I just told him I wanted to be alone with her for the first couple days. He understood knowing the importance of family.

Our last phone call before she came here I talked to Monica and told her about Frediano situation, ok not the whole story especially not him being in the mafia but how he had our first kiss and everything's been going great and that we aren't rushing anything.

Monica seemed happy for me but something I never sensed for her, pessimism. She told me she's just a little worried falling for someone this fast, more specifically she said "Summer romances don't last."

Slightly annoyed I said back to her

"You weren't saying when I first started talking about Frediano to you before."

"I know that, I don't know I'm just nervous for you that's all.." pausing after that

Thinking to myself I don't want to push the situation furthermore I just don't understand why she was acting so "flip floppy" it wasn't like her. We said our goodbyes that evening and that was it.

Getting into the taxi cab as the driver puts her stuff in the trunk

Monica says "So when can I meet Frediano."

"Soon.. oh I almost forgot you're not staying in your hotel room..."

"What why not?" Monica asked surprised

"You're going to be staying with me at the Clinton-Benza hotel Frediano actually owns the hotel and wanted you to have the best experience here. He gave us a huge presidential suite in the hotel with two bedrooms and two baths and a butler 24/7 and room service on call, I just moved in last week it's so nice I know you're going to love it."

"I would have stayed where I was at." Sounding a little bit disappointed

"Ok Frediano wanted to you comfortable since it's your first time here and wanted us to be together your room was way down the hall."

"Tell him I said thanks."

"Sooner or later you can tell him that yourself.." pausing for a second then continuing our conversation.

"Great well I know you're tired so when we get there we can stay in all day and order room service." I said smiling at her

"Uhh after that long ass fifteen hour flight I'd like that." Monica said dramatically laughing a little bit afterward

One Hour Later

After paying the taxi driver we enter the hotel, walking onto the elevator and pressing the elevator button number 12 then sliding my key card into this slot to actually enter our suite.

"Are you ready?" I said to Monica quickly squeezing her hand in excitement.

Eventually the elevator doors open up, we step off

But before I get to see Monica's look on her we are suddenly stopped by a tall male figure in a navy blue suit with black tuxedo shoes to match.

"Is this our butler, Emerald? He's cute."
Monica Said looking up and down at him like a treat standing right next to me

Looking surprised he sure as hell wasn't a butler but I did notice was he wore the first time I met him one in each ear: Diamond earrings

"No it isn't, Mimi it's the other guy I onced mentioned before...

Alessandro

***************************
Author's Note

Emerald always has pop ups showing up at her door.

What is Monica's problem?

Till next time my loves!!!

Keep Commenting Voting and Sharing!!!