My Sister's Hauntings

I belong to a religious Hindu family and the experiences I am about to share are of my elder sister.

My elder sister is being haunted by some unknown entity for past 16 years now. We don't know what it is. Whether it's a ghost, a spirit or black magic. My sister doesn't see the entity in a wakeful state but it makes its presence known to my sister by either banging of doors or turning off fans while my sister is sleeping (although sometimes we just brush these signs aside blaming the same on either winds or her forgetfulness). My sister stays alone in Punjab and she is a dentist by profession.

As per her, it all started in 2002 when she was doing her BDS in Modinagar and while returning to hostel with friends after a college party she saw a hand coming out in the middle of the road. After this incident her journey with hauntings began.

She once saw her friend running in corridor towards staircase of hostel but when my sister went after her there was no one.

Another time she was studying in her friend's room when suddenly her friend froze with her head down. My sister asked her what happened. Suddenly she lifted her head, gave a devilish smile to my sister and started dragging her out of the room. One senior girl came and asked what was happening so her friend said that something was wrong with my sister and it was my sister who was dragging her. My sister was shocked at what she said as it was the other way round.

However it got worse one night a few months back when she suddenly called my father at night but his mobile was off. She then called my mother and said," Mom, someone is in bathroom and banging the door badly."

My mom woke up my dad; and he started reciting maha mrityunjaya mantra, mentally creating a circle of protection around my sister and my mother turned on hanuman chalisa on mobile to calm down my sister. Finally my sister slept after the noise stopped.

In the past my parents have visited many people who have suggested remedies which worked but only for some time. That thing even told my sister in dreams that no pooja would work for her and that she would stay with my sister like a mobile phone.

In fact when I visited her once in June 2017 it happened one night. I am a devotee of Shri Swami Samarth maharaj. That night I turned on Dattatreya vajra kavacham and slept with my sister. Exactly at 3.29 am her room's door banged. My sister caught my hand tightly. Taking Datta's name I got up and looked outside to find that it was raining and heavy winds were blowing. I got up and bolted the door, comforted my sister and slept.

I paid a visit to Shree Swami Samarth gurupeeth in Nasik last year and discussed my sister's problems. My sister was advised to do a few Poojas herself.

Last year during gurupurnima shree Swami Samarth Moorthi was established in my sister's house which was a big miracle in itself because whatever THAT thing is, it never let my sister do any pooja. But ever since that day my sister is doing pooja regularly and the hauntings by that thing have almost stopped. It's not completely gone and has caused my hurdles in my sister's life but I'm sure very soon it will be gone. But hats off to my sister for staying alone with all these hauntings.