Little Boy in the Cemetery

I used to live in Bulacan, Philippines. Majority of the area has been populated by different subdivisions. There was this time when I came home from school and went straight to a friend who lives near our place.

It was past 11 pm when I decided to go home since we still have classes the next day. My friend accompanied me to the nearest bus passage so I can have a short fast ride home.

As an overview, we came across an old church, then an elementary school. Besides the elementary school lies different cemeteries both public and private. The area isn't creepy, but really dark.

It was almost 12 midnight and I still haven't seen a single bus. Maybe it was past the last trip schedule already.

While waiting, there was this boy across the street to where we were standing. He is around 6 or 7 of age as he looks much of a first grader. He looks neat and tidy in his school uniform and black shoes.

He was just playing the loading/unloading sign in front of the cemetery. I was really worried that his parents might be looking for him as it was really late. I asked my companion to go near the kid so we can escort him on his way home.

Suddenly, there came a tricycle who offered a ride. To my urge of reaching home as soon as I could, I shrugged the idea of having the kid brought home and went straight to the vehicle.

Halfway home, I then realized it wasn't a kid we saw. I assumed it was an apparition as no kid will roam in a cemetery, at midnight wearing a complete, neat and tidy uniform. I didn't do much research as I hardly go to that area but until now, I keep on asking myself, why did the kid show himself to us.