Wedding Couple

My dad works in a call center, he is an operational manager.

One day, my dad and mom met with an accident on the highway which was under construction.

I was shattered as my dad and my mom both were admitted to ICU.

The doctor said it would take almost 7 months for my dad to walk again normally, so I decided to drive my car and take short trips for earning and for bread butter of my family as I am the only one to look after my dad and mom.

I was only 16 when I started driving.

One day I got a trip to Konkan (Ratnagiri), I was very happy as I was getting a good amount for just dropping an Adivasi family and just coming back.

I left at 7 pm in the evening and picked the family up near Mumbai Andheri and started my journey and I reached Ratnagiri at around 3 am in the morning. It was very dark and I have to leave alone so the family who accompanied me suggested to stay with them until morning and as I was just 16 they were treating me like a child.

7 sharp, in the morning I decided to make my way to my home and said them to just pay me off so I can leave from that village. The total trip fare was 3000 rupees and the family just gave me 2500 that too in 2 and 5 RS coins. I was very frustrated and just Left that place immediately and made my way towards the highway.

The sun was very bright. As soon as I reached near highway a newlywed couple was waving their hands as they needed a lift.

I immediately stop my car and I asked them where they were heading towards and they told me Mumbai!

I was so happy as I was feeling bored and now I have a couple with whom I can talk. They were sitting right behind me in my car. I was talking to them just looking into my rear mirror (upper mirror) as I was driving and here comes the main plot of the scene; Toll plaza arrived and the toll was about 150 rupees and with my 2 and 5 rupees coins which were given by the family I started counting. Behind me, all the cars started honking and at that time I was really frustrated so I decided to take 150 rupees from the couple who was with me. When I turn around to request them to give me 150 rupees no one was there! I was wondering where has the couple gone and after I looked at the top mirror they were seated just behind me. I was scared so much that I dashed the security barriers of the toll plaza and increased my song volume to the utmost limit and then the couple requested me to lower the song volume.

I was sweating all over, and I decided not to look behind until Mumbai. I was crying like hell. After 3 hours I stopped near a pan shop to have a smoke and open my car doors and sat on the ground unconscious as if I will die within a second. I took a cigarette and started smoking and what I saw until now I can't forget, a ST bus was passing from the road and on the window seats of the bus the couple was sitting and waving hands to me. I was hospitalized for the next 14 days and decided never to drive alone.