Chapter ~ 2

Hallie's POV

I walked into the apartment with Flash close behind me, I was tempted to slam the door in his face but my Aunt was in the kitchen so it took all my efforts not to. My Aunt looked up when we walking in and frowned when she saw my pissed off face and gave me a questioning look but I put a small fake smiled on my face and disappeared down the corridor into my room. But to my dismay, Flash followed.

"What do you want Flash?" I asked.

"Why were you hanging out with Peter! He's such a nerd!" he demanded.

"Okay, first of all, I wasn't hanging out with him we ran into each other at the stairs, and second of all, why are you so rude to him!" I asked.

"I'm not mean to him, it's just some friendly teasing," he protested.

"Yeah, is that why you pushed him down a flight of stairs earlier in the year?"

"How did you find out about that?" he asked.

"Cindy told me all about you and how you've been bullying Peter since the end of time, honestly Peter seems like a nice guy and from what I've heard you're just jealous that he's smarter than you," I replied.

"I don't want you hanging around Peter anymore, all of my friends are talking about it and it does not look good for me since you're my cousin," he hissed.

"Well, it doesn't look good for me either! You're a bully Flash and I'm your cousin, the only person that has dared to talk to me is Cindy!" I shouted.

Flash stuck up the finger at me and ran out of my room slamming the door behind him. I frustratedly threw my pillow at the closed door and flopped onto my bed sighing. Flash is an only child but after my mum divorced we moved in with her sister (my aunt) because she was struggling to find a stable job in Queens. I had a younger sister by 2 years and she was quiet and extremely shy when it came to new people but everyone else thinks it's just a phase that she's going through.

I was determined to prove to everyone that I wasn't like Flash but people have already started avoiding me in the corridors and I was always the person without a partner unless Cindy was in my class. Peter has been ignoring me for the past week, well, I don't know if he's ignoring me but it seems like it. 

We're going on a field trip today but it was just our homeroom. Flash and all his friends sat at the back of the bus fooling around while the rest of us found our seats, Peter and Ned were sitting together chatting to Liz Allens, well, Ned was talking to her and Peter was staring out the window not really listening to the conversation.

"Are you alright Peter? You've been really quiet around the school for the past week," asked Liz.

"Yeah, no I'm fine," he lied.

"Are you sure? We have the decathlon nationals coming up so you'll need a clear head for that," butted in MJ.

"I'm fine, promise," he lied again.

I knew I shouldn't be listening to their conversation but there was something about Peter that just seemed so mysterious. Most people thought of him as a nerd but I knew that there was something about him that made me believe that he was hiding something and clearly Liz saw through his lie.

"You can tell me about it if you want Peter," offered Liz.

"I lost the Stark Internship and I'm still trying to wrap my head around it," he said finally.

"Oh, really? What happened?" she asked.

"I accidentally stuffed up on something important and that was that," he sighed.

I turned my head away from them when Ned caught me listening in and I quickly started talking to Cindy about something random and my face was turning red from embarrassment.

When we were walking out of the bus Flash tried his best to trip Peter up while he was walking down the stairs but Peter managed to grab onto the handle before he face planted. Peter ignored Flash and jumped out of the bus, lucky for Flash, the teacher was too busy looking at his phone to notice. I pushed past Flash out of the bus and went up to Peter.

"You really need to stand up for yourself, you can't let Flash walk all over you like that," I told him angrily.

"Look, Hannah, I'm fine, I can handle it and I know what I'm doing," he sighed.

"Really? It doesn't look like it to me," I snapped.

"Why do you care anyway?" 

My anger bubbled to the surface, I knew Peter is a good person and I hated how Flash was tormenting him.

"Stop being such a wimp and face him!" I shouted.

Everyone around us went quiet and looked at me, I immediately regretted what I said but it was too late, people all around us were whispering behind their hands about me and Peter glared at me and walked away from me towards Ned.

"I thought you said you weren't like Flash," asked Cindy walking over to me.

"I'm not!" I shouted, "I just don't like it how Peter let's Flash walk all over him,"

"Trust me, this has been going on for ages and nothing serious has happened, just drop it, Hallie," said Cindy.

I ignored the whispers as the class walked towards the museum doors and the whole time I was trying to apologise to Peter but he always managed to slip away from me before I reached him. I knew I'd have to catch him before he left school, I knew that there were going to be so many kids outside though but I needed to apologise. Flash already bullied him and I didn't want to make it any harder for him.

Hey!

I just want to say that I am Australian so I don't really know how American schools work so if there are things you don't understand then I'm sorry. I also spell things a bit differently so sorry about that as well but I hope you're enjoying the story!