Chapter ~ 11

Peter's POV

I groggily opened my eyes and I immediately felt uneasy, I sat up and groaned as sharp jolts of pain stung parts of my body. I looked around and I wasn't in my room, there was a familiar scent in this room, my suit laid on the ground in the corner and I was in a pair of grey sweatpants with no shirt. My Spider senses weren't going off so that was a good thing and this room seemed familiar to me. 

The door opened and I jumped up but I sighed in relief as I realised it was just Hallie, she had two plates in her hand with some toast on them.

"Whoa, it's just me," she said.

"Yeah, sorry, I had no idea where I was, I only really see your room from the window," I apologised.

"It's fine, how are you feeling?" she asked.

"Ah crap, I gotta get back home, after the Vulture stuff May is going to freak out since she hates it when drama is going on because she always thinks that I'm near it and most of the time she's right," I explained.

"Does she know that you're Spider-Man?" asked Hallie.

I shook my head but Hallie put down the plates and grabbed my hand.

"Don't worry, I texted May earlier telling her that you were here and she said it was fine, you need to relax and rest," she said.

I sighed and sat down on her desk chair while she sat on her unmade bed, we ate our toast and my stomach was thanking me for the food since I used up a lot of energy last night.

"Your shoulder needed stitches, you had three deep cuts on it, you had cuts on your chest and back and you had a really bad burn on your right hand as well as a sprained wrist, your left ankle had a minor sprain and you should be able to walk on it since it's not that bad," she explained.

Most of my cuts on my chest and back had healed over thanks to my fast healing, Hallie told me she used dissolvable stitches so I wouldn't need to worry about taking them out. My left ankle and right wrist were wrapped up in gauze firmly and I could walk on my ankle but I could hold all of my weight on it. 

"Where did you learn all this medical stuff?" I asked her.

"My dad is a doctor and he taught me all this stuff when my little sister fell off her bike and her knee needed stitches," she explained.

"You've never really mentioned your dad before, does he live with you or..." 

"My parents are divorced, it's nothing dramatic, they just didn't work out," she shrugged.

I nodded and looked at the ground, unsure of what to say.

"Hey, we can finally stop hiding our relationship now, I'm moving out tomorrow and then on Monday we can stop hiding," she said.

"Yeah," I said, my face lit up and Hallie smiled.

"Are you sure you want to do it though? Flash will probably try to kill you," she asked.

"I'm positive, I'm tired of hiding it, plus, I have fast healing so if Flash tries anything I'll be fine,"

"But if he punches you then you could easily dodge it or fight back," she frowned.

"I know, but I refuse to hurt anyone at school. I know Flash is a huge jerk but as long as he's not hurting anyone else I have no reason to punch him," I sighed.

Hallie smiled and kissed me on the cheek.

"You're too good for this world," she mumbled.

I chuckled and kissed her back.

When I arrived back at the apartment May was still there and I frowned, May said she'd be at work and she said she couldn't afford to miss a day. She was on the couch with a blanket wrapped around her and a tissue box.

"May?" I asked, "Are you alright?"

She turned towards me and looked shocked when she saw me, she asked about the graze on my left cheek, a split lip and cut down the side of my right eye. I told her I tripped down the stairs at homecoming and she didn't say anything more about it.

"Why are you home? I thought you'd be at work, is everything alright?" I repeated.

"I wasn't feeling that great this morning and when I was in the kitchen I felt like I was going to faint so I called in sick today," she explained.

"Are you alright? Do you want me to get you anything?" I asked.

"No thanks Pete, I think I just need to get some sleep since I haven't been doing much of that," she replied.

I nodded and she disappeared down the hallway to her bedroom, I waited a few minutes before I crept up to her room and opened the door. I was really worried about May so I left the door open so my enhanced hearing could pick up anything if she said anything.

I cleaned up around the apartment and sighed as I flopped down onto the couch, ignoring my cuts and burns as they screamed in pain at my carelessness.

I closed my eyes taking a deep breath, I did all my homework so I wouldn't have to worry about it and I washed my suit and all the other clothes that needed to be washed. I knew it would make the water bill go up but the mountain of clothes was getting extremely high and May and I were running out of clean clothes to wear. Everything was going downhill.

A week later

A lot had happened in the past week, Hallie and I announced that we were a couple and Flash did not take it well, every opportunity he would punch me, I ignored him and even though his punches hurt I knew I'd be fine. May had gotten a lot sicker and I was really worried about her, she had a horrible cough and a blocked nose and complained that she had a bad migraine. My injuries weren't getting any better but the stitches had all dissolved, my healing wasn't working that well since I was only eating one meal a day which was usually a muesli bar which didn't count as a meal. 

I was in decathlon practice just waiting for it to be over since I wanted to go back to the apartment to check on Aunt May. I got a text from someone and when I looked down at the screen I wanted to ignore the text.

Meet me in the bathroom now

Happy Hogan