Chapter ~ 3

Peter's POV

I ignored Hallie for the whole field trip, and she was always trying to talk to me and apologise but I wasn't going to listen to here. Ned offered some support, but I couldn't get her words out of my head, if she knew the whole story, she'd know the reason why I wouldn't fight back against Flash. Most people think I'm weak and scared of Flash and they think that's the reason I don't talk back to him, but the main reason I didn't do anything is because if I did fight back then my cover would be blown and people will start asking questions.

For the rest of the field trip I pretended to be interesting in everything, but museums were boring, and the tour guide was irritating and kept sighing in the middle of his talks. I managed to avoid Flash most of the time but of course he had to come up with some way to ruin my life, he spread a rumour about something, but no one would tell me what it was. I ignored it like I usually did but at the end of the trip a few museum guards and my teacher came up to me.

"We need to talk," said Mr. Jovovich.

"W-why? I didn't do anything!" I protested.

The rest of the class were whispering behind there hands and Flash was smiling and his friends were smirking at me. I walked away with the guards so no one could hear us and Mr. Jovovich stayed with the class.

"We have been hearing people say that you've stolen an important museum artefact," said one of the guards.

"What! I would never take anything!" I shouted.

"We need to search your bag sir," said another guard.

My heart froze, I had my old web shooters in there and the guards would definitely know that something is going on. My hands tightened around the straps of my bag and I could hear my heart get faster as it pounded in my chest.

"That's just a rumour, one of the kids in my class is trying to ruin my life there is no need to search my bag," I argued.

"Please sir, hand over your bag," snapped another guard.

I sighed defeated and threw my bag towards one of the guards, they opened it and emptied out everything onto the grass, papers, pencils, books and old food wrappers littered the ground and they searched through it all. I prayed that they wouldn't look through the front pocket since that was were my web shooters were, they looked disappointed when they didn't find anything and chucked my empty bag into my chest.

"Something seems off about you, what are you hiding?" demanded another guard.

"Nothing, if you don't mind, I have a class waiting for me and the traffic is only going to get worse," I replied calmly.

I grabbed everything shoving it back into my bag, I slung it over my shoulder and sprinted away from them, everyone else was already on the bus and I actually thought about running away but I didn't have my mask so people would recognise me if I only had web shooters on. I walked onto the bus and my teacher raised an eyebrow at me.

"Is everything sorted?" he asked.

"Y-yeah, j-just a misunderstanding," I stammered.

He nodded and I sunk into a seat beside Ned near the front where not many students were. I could feel everyone's eyes burning against the back of my head and I was relived when the bus started up.

"What was that about?" hissed Ned, "Everyone's saying that you stole a museum artefact which is not true since I've been with you the whole time,"

"I know, I think it's just one of Flash's stupid rumours," I sighed.

"Actually, it was Hallie's, after you refused to talk to her, she was talking to Flash about something in private and I assume it was to start the rumour," interrupted MJ.