Chapter ~ 8

2 weeks later

Hallie's POV

I never in a million years thought I'd be dating Peter Parker and I never thought that he would be the young superhero that saved millions of lives every day. He explained everything to me, about fighting Captian America in Germany after Mr Stark recruited him and to Mr Stark taking away his suit and getting a new one by his friend Shuri who lived in a secret place called Wakanda.

Most nights he'd come by my place after patrol and he'd sit on my windowsill and we'd talk for ages about random things. Sometimes he'd take me swinging through the streets of New York and we'd stop on top of a building looking up at the stars and we'd talk about private things we've never told anyone else.

I walked through the busy school halls with Cindy and MJ with me, I caught sight of Peter by his locker and I said hello to him. We both agreed that at school we'd just pretend to act as friends since Flash would kill him if he found out we were dating and he'd probably tell everyone. But there was a problem, homecoming was coming up next week and we both agreed that we'd have different partners for homecoming and then we'd hang out with each other at homecoming and then we'd stop hiding it from everyone after since I was moving out with my mum because she found a stable job.

Peter was going with Liz Allans and I was going with Ben Kozer who was on the football team, I knew he only asked me to go to homecoming because he wanted to get revenge on his ex-girlfriend but I didn't care since I'd be spending time with Peter anyways. 

"I need another favour again," he muttered, "But I can ask Ned if you want,"

"No don't worry, I'll cover for you," I replied already knowing what he was going to ask.

"I love you, I'll see you at lunch," he whispered.

I smiled at him and he walked away and I sighed, the bad part about having a superhero boyfriend is that I'm always worried about him. I worried every night that he's going to get injured and die but he reassures me that he'd tell me if he's injured which makes me feel a little better.

I went into class and the teacher was about to call out Peter's name to see if he was here and I purposefully knocked a beaker off the table and it shattered on the ground.

"Sorry! It was an accident!" I lied.

"Ugh, it's fine just clean it up," she groaned.

Luckily she skipped Peters name and I cleaned up the broken glass shards while everyone watched me. Luckily people moved on from me being like Flash thing and people know how different I am from him and the other day I stood up for Ned because Flash was picking on him when Peter wasn't there.

The class was boring and finally, when lunch rolled around I saw Peter come into the cafeteria, I got up and he signalled to meet him outside. I met him on the oval and we walked to the edge of it so no one could really see us.

"What's up?" I asked.

"Remember how I told you about that Vulture guy?" 

"Yeah, is that where you went today?" I questioned.

"Yeah, he's determined to get rid of me before he does any more work, so, I might not be able to come to visit you as often at night in case he finds out that we're dating," he explained quickly.

I sighed and looked down at my dirty white sneakers.

"You promise you'll text me every night after patrol then?" I said.

"I promise, I'll be fine, and hopefully I can bring this guy in soon so everything can go back to normal and I won't have to leave school during the middle of the day anymore," he said.

He kissed me and when we pulled apart I couldn't help but smile, the bell rang and I sighed again.

"I wish we didn't have to hide our relationship," I complained.

"Don't worry, we only have a week until everything can go back to normal," he said.

"A week is far too long!" I groaned.

"I know," he agreed.

We said goodbye to each other and I went to my locker while he walked to his next class with Ned, half-way through class, I got a message from Peter and I managed to look at it without anyone catching me.

I got detention after school, don't wait for me, sorry ly

Peter

What did you get detention for?

Flash dobbed on me and told the teacher I haven't been here all morning so they think I wagged school and gave me detention for about two weeks.

That's sucks, I'll hopefully see you tonight then.

Yeah, I'll try to come by.

I slipped my phone back into my bag and looked around the class to make sure no one saw me, I was sitting next to MJ and Cindy and we had all grown a lot closer this year and they knew I was dating Peter but they didn't know that Peter was Spider-Man yet.

That night I was staring up at my ceiling, my window was open and the moonlight was flooding through it. I heard a series of tapping and I sat up, I walked over to the window and stuck my head out and Peter was sticking to the wall and I could tell he was smiling underneath his mask.

"Hey stranger," he said.

I smiled shaking my head and he took my hand.

"Do you want to come for a swing tonight?" he offered.

"Definitely," I replied.

I pulled some warm clothes over my pyjamas and climbed onto my windowsill, I climbed onto Peter's back and wrapped my arms around his neck and held on tight as he swung through New York. I kept my head up looking at all the lights as they flashed past, Peter didn't do any flips as he let go of his webs because he knew I hated them and he didn't want to risk me falling off. 

"Hold on tight!" I heard him yell over the wind.

I held on tighter and we fell towards the busy street of New York, my stomach swooped and I buried my face in his neck but I still kept my eyes open. At the last second he shot a web up catching us and we did a massive swing, we flew up past all the buildings and Peter shot a web up onto the top of the Empire State Building. We landed on the roof and I got off his back looking at the stars.

We laid down on the building looking up at the stars talking quietly. A star shot across the sky and disappeared over the horizon.

"What do you think happens to all the stars that fall from the sky?" asked Peter.

"I don't know, aren't you supposed to wish for something if you see a falling star," I replied.

"I don't need to wish for anything, I have everything I need right here," he whispered.

I took his hand and looked at him, I saw the stars reflecting off his brown eyes. Peter has lost everyone in his family except for his Aunt but he could still stay positive even though his Aunt was struggling to pay the bills. If I was Peter I'd have so many things to wish for.

"I like to think that every time a star falls someone on this earth dies and that's why people make wishes," he said finally, "And then when the star falls the family you've lost can watch over you,"

"I like that," I replied, "So when you see a star fall it means that someone in your family is watching over you?"

"Yep, every falling star you see," he replied.

"Every falling star," I repeated quietly looking back at the stars.

Sorry for the crappy chapters and bad endings. Also, I just want to say sorry for all the spelling mistakes since I can't be bothered going back and editing them. Sorry for all the time skips as well I just want to get to all the big homecoming drama stuff. I'm trying to post at least once a day but on weekdays I might forget sometimes but it's the weekend so I usually post a lot more chapters. 

Thanks :P