Chapter ~ 44

Peter's POV

I blamed myself for everything, Harley and Morgan had to sleep in the living room with Tony and Pepper since they had nightmares every time they closed their eyes. If I was quicker, stronger or better I could've stopped them from being kidnapped and I could've escaped earlier. Morgan was only 12 and she's had to go through so much because of me, maybe if Tony never adopted me things like this would never happen. 

I was sitting at the table and just moved my food around my plate only nibbling at my food. Morgan and Harley were raving on about something to Tony and Pepper and I was only half listening and I didn't hear Pepper call out my name three times.

"Peter!" she shouted for the fourth time.

I snapped out of my daze and looked over to Pepper and Tony who had looks of concern on there faces.

"Are you okay? You haven't eaten anything," Pepper said.

"Y-yeah I'm fine, I'm not that hungry," I replied.

Tony gave me a suspicious look but I looked away from him and leaned back in my chair, and Tony cleared his throat.

"Well tomorrow is Monday and school is on, I'll call the school and tell them you're coming in two weeks," Tony said.

"I want to go to school tomorrow," I blurted out.

Everyone looked at me and Tony raised an eyebrow at me.

"I have finals next week and I need to study for them if I want to go into Year 12, plus, I've already missed out on so much school," I explained.

"Are you sure you want to go?" asked Pepper.

I nodded and Tony sighed but said I could go to school if I wanted to. I excused myself from the table and went into my room, I grabbed my science notebook with a leather cover and flicked to the page I was working on. I was trying to make a sleeping pill that would work for me since I had a really fast metabolism and normal sleeping pills didn't work. Ever since we came back to the Avengers Base I haven't slept because every time I closed my eyes memories of what they did to me came flying back into my mind. 

I wrote down more chemicals and stuff into my notebook and wrote down a bunch of equations and the reaction it would have. I was ready to make the pill but I frowned at my work, what if something went wrong and it was dangerous? I closed the book and went out into the living room, I had my hand on the doorknob when Tony called out my name.

"Where are you going?" he asked.

"I'm going to see Bruce for something," I replied.

"If it's got to do with work I can help you,"

"Nah it's fine,"

He frowned but then nodded, I walked through the dark empty Avengers Base and looked out the window. The Avenger's base was only four floors but it was really wide, all the interns, labs and tour guide training rooms were on the first two floors. On the third floor, the official training rooms and bigger science labs were there. Only 20 workers had access to those floors and I had my own lab on that floor but I usually went into Tony's lab since I liked having company and his lab was bigger and better. On the top floor, there was the Avenger's rooms, kitchen and living room on one side and on the other side of the mansion was the 'Stark' area where his family were. 

I went downstairs and knocked on Bruce's lab doors and peaked my head around the door, he was sitting on a bench stool looking on his phone.

"Hey Bruce," I said.

"Hey Peter," he replied.

"Are you busy right now?"

"No, come in,"