Chapter 1

Prologue

"Lois, you mean the world to me. I would fight until the end of time for you. This day has been on my mind from the moment you walked into my life. I love you now and forever." A man could be heard with emotion in his voice. "Place the ring on her finger." Another man instructed before speaking once more. "What God has brought together, let no man put asunder. I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss one another." Sounds and sights of people cheering and clapping filled his sight and ears as he hovered above the grand church. His eyes narrowed some as he used his gift of X-ray vision to see her with a genuine smile on her face as she happily kissed her brand new husband.

"I would like to introduce you all to Mr. and Mrs. Mark Carter!" The minister announced as the couple began to walk away from the altar as all of their guests stood up and cheered for them. He continued to watch them from above as he floated high out of sight. He noticed that they both stopped to turn and waved at their family and friends all throw bird seeds as they congratulated them through smiles and laughter.

Lois waved at everyone as the limo pulled up for them. Just before she got in she felt someone stare deeply at her. Someone familiar. Her eyes traveled up into the sky as she knew who it was. He had the advantage of seeing her expression when she couldn't see his. She knew he could see her as if he was standing right in front of her. Lois licked her lips as she mouthed some words up to the clouds. Some watched her do this, thinking she was thanking God for this day. When it was more like saying goodbye to an old friend.

Superman, thank you for letting me know you. But I have a new life and it's time for you and I to move on in different directions. Goodbye. He read from her mouth as his face showed his emotions at that moment. Superman aka Clark Kent knew he needed to get out of town and fast. Like any man whose heart had been stomped on, he needed to go home to his parents to lick his wounds.

He watched her climb inside the car before it drove off. He closed his eyes for a minute, letting the pain take over him before flying at an accelerating speed into the stratosphere.