Chapter 14

20,000 light years away (back in the 1990s on Earth)

"Kal-El, you should have died with your mother and father when Krypton died." A man said as he walked through the gray about him as he searched for a way out of the devoid place known as the Phantom Zone. He stood tall as he raised a fist at the grayness of the sky. "I will escape here once again, Kal-El! I will avenge Ursa's and Non's demise from you sending us back to his wretched place! You will pay dearly for this, Kal-El! I, General Zod, will finally take you down! I will get out of the Phantom Zone for good and then I will work on an arsenal to crush you beneath my feet!" General Zod screamed around, letting the sound of his voice echoing the eternal hate for Kael-El, the son of Jor-El, also known as Superman.

General Zod continued to walk through the nothingness until he couldn't walk any further. Falling down, he closed his eyes and laid there catching his breath when out of the corner of his eye, he notices darkness through the grayness. He pushed himself up and crawled over to what he noticed was a strange tear on the nothingness of the grayness of the Phantom Zone. Zod reached out to touch it. He stuck his fingers through and stretched them.  He saw the darkness of space could be seen through the slight tear . Smiling, Zod pressed his mask on knowing he found his way out of the Phantom Zone.

(Present day)

Clark pulled something out of the bag and got on one knee. "It all depends on whether or not you say yes, Celeste." He smiled at her as he opened the small box to reveal a simple diamond ring. Martha and Jonathan both smiled in shock as they waited for the answer. Clark looked up at Celeste as she was totally surprised at the scene. "Well, Celeste will you continue to make me feel like I feel at this moment?" Celeste stepped up closer to him as she pulled him up off his knees to look directly in his eyes. 

"You want to marry me?" She asked him, still stunned. Clark just nodded and gave a soft grin. "Today, tomorrow, yesterday. You've made me stronger than the sun ever could. You made me freer than I ever thought possible and I am at peace with every part of who and what I am with you. And thanks to you. I know this feels so sudden, but I love you. I never thought I would heal or be complete or even find someone who my parents are in love with. You are beyond perfect. You are you, Celeste."

Celeste grinned as she looked at him through unshed tears. "Yes. Yes, Clark Kent." She breathed happily, holding out her left hand. Clark slid on the simple, yet meaningful ring. Martha looked at the ring carefully as she recognized it. "Why, Clark." She gasped. "That's the engagement ring that your father gave to me." She admitted. Clark looked up to see his father slip an arm around his mother's waist. "Yeah, mom. You told me that if I someday found the one who was worthy of it, to use it. And I had it sent to the town jewelry to be cleaned up for C.C." He said before looking back to Celeste glance at the ring on her hand with surprise. 

"Your ring, Mrs. Kent?" Celeste asked, looking up with awe. Martha glanced at Celeste before she moved to her and pulled her close. "It's Martha, remember. Or mom, if you prefer." Martha said before smiling and laughing while they hugged each other in agreement on the sentiment.