Chapter 35

A/N: this next chapter will be kind of short.. but it's mainly about Lois... on second thought it may be a bit long because, by the end of the chapter, six months will have passed. 

The next morning Clark was out, in a t-shirt and jeans minus his glasses, helping his dad and their employees with all the morning chores. His mom was inside cooking a big breakfast and helping take care of Celeste, Caelyn, and CJ. By the time they came in for a food break, Clark and his dad were discussing a plan he had for continuing the Kent farm business. "And all this came from a dream you had last night, son?" Jonathan asked, amazed. "Yeah, dad." He smiled. "In fact, the dream adult CJ told me that you, I, and he came up with it when he was older," Clark said as his infant cooed to them at the table. Clark and Jonathan laughed as they turned their heads towards the baby Celeste was holding. "That's right, grandson of mine," Jonathan said as they and all the workers sat at the big dining room table. "So, dad what do you say?" Clark asked him as everyone else stopped talking and focused on the elder adult Kent. "Hmm," He said as he rubbed his left cheek. Something he did when he was in deep thought.

"Going green, organic, and modernized with computer efficiency? Organic meats, dairy, whether that is cow, goat, and soy? Solar, wind, and even though we are computerized our same workers can still make an honest, productive living." Jonathan repeated all that his son said. "Yeah, you all will be trained along with us. It about working smarter, not harder." Jonathan nodded at the thought of that. "Plus, we'll have enough to feed our families the same food we grow and raise. Healthy food for healthy lives. I like it son. I say go." He said as everyone except he and Clark cheered. Both Kent men smiled and gripped each other's shoulder in a sign of a family side hug. Caelyn began to fuss as she squirmed. "Aww, Caey, is my little girl okay?" Clark said as he got up from his seat and went to his mom. "I think she wants her daddy." Martha smiled as Clark gladly took her from his mom's arms." I got her, mom." He said as he went back to his seat. "My little Caelyn Lora." He whispered to her as he snuggled with her. Everyone smiled before they went back to their conversations and eating.

"Promise daddy, you will find someone great like I did with your mother. Like your grandfather, Jor-El did with your grandmother, Lora. And like your grandfather, Jonathan did with your grandmother, Martha. You and your brother deserve great love that likes those." He whispered in her ear as he snuggled with her in his arms."Never, ever let any one determining your worth. And never let them make you choose between your family and them. If they do, they'll lose every time." He said before giving her a kiss on the forehead. "I love you and your brother so much." He said looking into her light brown eyes before she closed them. Clark sighed in content as he held her with one hand and began to eat with the other.

(In Metropolis- At the Hospital- In the ICU)

"So, how is she?" Mark Carter asked the nurse on duty for his wife. " She's stable, Mr. Carter. But mainly the same. She has had rapid eye movement with her lids although unconscious." "What does that mean, exactly?" Mark said as he sat down next to his wife's bed. "It means she's still in there somewhere." The doctor said, walking in. "Really, doctor? You think so?" He hoped. "Yes, I do." The doctor said as he looked at Lois' chart. " It shows that the strange liquid metal has fused into the spine and coated it all the way to her brain stem. Acting as a protective barrier. No real damage. She isn't paralyzed as far as we can tell, but she went into this coma."

Mark nodded although he didn't understand. "So, what about her not waking up? Shouldn't Lois be awake by now." The doctor hesitated before he gave a shrug. " I don't know, Mr. Carter. Maybe her body is regenerating itself. After all, she did have a horrible experience with the beings that fought Superman." 

Superman. Superman. Superman. Superman. Superman. Superman. Superman. Superman. Superman.Superman. Superman. Superman. Superman.Superman.Superman.Superman..............Superman...............Superman...........Superman.man.man.

(Darkness inside of Lois' mind as she remembers thoughts here and there)

Lois Lane, meet the Daily Planet's newest cub reporter. Clark Kent.

I got you, Miss.