Chapter 10

Bruce let Clark use one of the limos at his disposal as he left the party, heading for Celeste's apartment. Clark gave the driver directions as he sat back thinking of seeing Lois tonight. She was the one who seemed to have changed or maybe she was already that way inside and finally showed her true colors. His thoughts went to Celeste and how he had to leave her tonight. This would be the big test on them as a couple with Superman over them. A test on whether or not this was permanent and he could move on to the next level. He hoped that if they passed this, then he'd get ready to take off for a week. He arrived at her apartment and thanked the limo driver as he walked in and caught the elevator to her floor.

Clark stepped off the elevator and walked down to her apartment as he knocked on the door. He waited a few minutes before he knocked again as his super-hearing picked up on her faint voice." Clark is that you?" She mumbled. "Yeah?" He said through the door in a normal tone. "I can't hear you. But if that's you, you can hear me tell you that the key to open the door in under the mat. That's the key I had made for you." She mumbled more.

A smile slowly lit his lips as he noticed an old daily planet newspaper on top of the mat. He grabbed the paper at the same time his other hand went under the mat to retrieve the key. He then eased both up at the same time before he used the key to unlock the door. Clark closed the door then locked it as he loosened his tie and walked into her bedroom. He stripped off the tux, then stripped off his Superman outfit before he jumped into the shower. When he stepped out he noticed a new toothbrush and smiled once again as he began to use it.

Feeling refreshed, Clark walked back into the bedroom. dressed in a pair of pajama pants as he stood at the end of the bed. He saw her laying on her stomach as her hair blocked her face. He used his vision to see her deeply sleeping as he bit down on his lips softly. Here goes nothing. He thought to himself as he went to the empty side of the bed and slid in. He eased in carefully as he relaxed against the comfortable mattress. It was a few minutes before he began to let his eyes rest and give in to sleep when Celeste turns over towards him.

"Hmmm." She gave a sexy moan as she wrapped an arm half way around his waist." Clark opened his eyes as he glanced at her still sleeping." Good night, Clark." She mumbled happily, feeling him against her. "Good night, Celeste." He smiled as completely relaxed before following her to a deep slumber.

The next day Clark awoke to the smells of breakfast cooking and the feel of an empty bed. He sat up and stretched to see he was alone in the bedroom. "Celeste?" He called out. " I'm in the kitchen making Sunday Brunch, Clark." She called back. He grinned to her as he got up and went to the bathroom to relieve himself and freshen up. By the time he walked out still in pajama pants and a t-shirt, minus his glasses Celeste was placing the crepes, bowls of fruit, honey, and juice, milk, and coffee out on the table. "Wow, what's the occasion?" He asked her with a laugh as he walked up to her as she held out a seat for him.

"For the out of this world interview and article, you will have for Perry tonight," Celeste said as she leaned in to kiss him on the lips before taking a seat next to him. " I got to hear and see some of the tapes from Jimmy's video and audio. He emailed me a sample last night and I think sent you copies of everything on your laptop that you left over here." She explained. "And after what I heard and saw I had to congratulate you somehow. Plus, daily being a hero to so many I feel that I want to speak for everyone and say thank you to you and thank you to Superman. You both are the world's treasures."

Clark stopped eating as he just stared at her. He took her hand and held it up as he tugged for her to come here. "Thank you." He said softly to her as he sat her on his lap. "Can you take a week off next month?" He asked her, not blinking an eye. Celeste just gave him a confused smile as she ran a hand through his dark hair. "Sure. Why?" She asked. "It's a surprise. But I will say when you pack, pack plenty of jeans and shirts and tennis shoes and at least one pair of boots. Like hiking, if you have those." He told her as he learned to rub his hands up and down her back. "Okay," Celeste said. "And it's a surprise?" She raised an eyebrow. "A great surprise. Something I hardly ever have done. And the fact I'm doing it with you and for you, says a lot. A whole lot. Celeste." Clark spoke against her lips making her shiver, forgetting about breakfast as they continued to hold one another and stare at each other.