Chapter 20

[At C.C.'s OB/GYN's office]

The doctor arrived back in the exam room as Celeste was sitting, waiting. "Well, Clark and Celeste, I am back with the sonograms in this envelope. You both know you have two extremely healthy children and that all is well. But I know you wanted to find out later about the sex. So, here you go and enjoy your surprise." The doctor said, handing them the envelope. "Thank you, doctor," Celeste said as she grabbed her prescriptions and her jacket. "Yes, thank you." Clark smiled as he leads Celeste out the door. "Let's go get your prescriptions filled and then head to the airport to pick up my parents."

[Meanwhile in the air]

Zod held onto Lois as she looked around to see they were high up in the air. "Where are you taking me?" She asked him. "To Kal-El's fortress of solitude. Back to where it all ended for me. It will be a fitting place to end you." He spoke as he sped on. "Please, let me go! My husband will worry over me" Lois begged as Zod looked at her with a curious stare before seeing that they were at the ice palace of Kal-El formerly of Krypton.

He landed and sat her down as he moved away from her. "You, married Kal-El?" He sputtered with a laugh. Lois narrowed her eyes as she rubbed her arms, due to the cold. "No. I am married to a man named Mark Carter." She stated as she held her head high. "I no longer speak to Superman or Kal-El as-." Her voice faltered while looking around before a flash of memory appeared in her head. She started to remember things as she stared at Zod. "Déjà vu." She muttered. 

"What did you say?" He bellowed as he watched her eyes moved back and forth, quickly. It all flooded back to her conscious as she remembered her and Superman making love, fighting Zod and his crew, and who he really was. Superman was known as Kal-El formerly of Krypton and also Clark Kent of Smallville. "Oh, my God." She whispered.

[At the Metropolis International Airport.]

"Are you ready to open it?" Clark asked and playfully waved the manila envelope in front of Celeste's face. Overhead the announcer stated the plane his parents were on was unloading passengers. 

"No, Clark." She smiled trying to take it from him, but his quick reflexes stopped that from happening. "Not until we see your mom and dad." She told him as he looked up at the arrival and departure screens. "Well, they're here." He said and began to open the flap while she shook her head.  She laughed, meeting Jonathan and Martha halfway to give them a hug. At that same moment, both their phones rang. 

"Hello." They both spoke, while he looked at the sonogram and helped with his parents' bags. Celeste walked in between Martha and Jonathan, while she listened to Mari on the phone. "C.C., girl, I got news about that metal rubble that fell on you," Mari spoke. "Clark, we got trouble. I was told that Lois Lane had been kidnapped by General Zod and he's looking for you." Bruce told him.

They were outside in the parking lot heading to the car when Celeste and Clark stopped to look at one another. "How?" Celeste asked. "I'll explain later, but I met two people who've helped me try to fight the thing. I had never seen anything like it." Mari explained in a rush tone. "Clark, he's waiting for you. All I know is that he said he took her to the place where it all ended for him." Bruce said before the sun's seemed to move behind something, shading the parking lot.

"It's so hard to describe, C.C," Mari said as she looked up into the sky with Martha and Jonathan. "Let me take a wild guess. It's huge. It's kind of gray-greenish. It has some kind of metal spikes sticking out of it all over its body. And it looks like it can kick all kinds of ass?" She said as they watched it hover in the sky.

"Yeah. How did you know?" Mari asked. "Because it's in the sky at the airport looking at us," Celeste said before Jonathan called to Clark. "Son, look up." He said, causing Clark to look up and see what the rest saw. "Bruce, I got bigger fish right now. Thanks for the heads up." Clark said, before hanging up. "Celeste, it's after Superman. He kept asking for Kal-El. Isn't that Superman's birth name?" Mari asked. 

"Yeah. Yeah, it is. Clark just got off the phone with Bruce and- AHHH!" Celeste screamed into phone dropping it as the thing used a red beam from its left hand to lift Celeste into the air. The beam froze her in place as only her eyes and hair could move. "Celeste!" They all screamed. Martha rushed to pick up her cell phone as they watched helplessly as the thing floated higher, looking at them. "She's related to Kal-El. I can sense it." The thing spoke while looking Celeste up and down. She will bring him to me. Then I will destroy her and him."

"Hey, you!" Clark screamed at it. "The name is Doomsday and I was once from Krypton. I am here to kill Kal-El and this planet as well. First, Kal-El. Tell him to come soon." Doomsday said before taking off with Celeste. "Oh, my goodness! Clark, what are we going to do?" Martha asked. 

Clark was filled with shock and anger when he rushed his parents to his car, getting them and their things in. "First, I am taking you to my apartment. Then I'm going to go save Lois and Celeste." "Lois?" Jonathan asked, surprised. "What does any of this have to do with Lois?" "I just received word that General Zod somehow is back and that he's at my place up north with her. I bet that's where that Doomsday is headed with Celeste." He said as he drove off with speed as he still held the sonogram in his hand.

"But why did it think that Celeste was related to you, son?" Jonathan asked from the backseat. "Because he sensed something about her to think that, dad," Clark stated while he tossed his mom, who sat in the front seat, the sonogram. "It's not Celeste who's related to me. It's the twins she's carrying. The little boy and girl, inside of her that is related to me. Mom and dad, Celeste's carrying my children."