Chapter 25

"So, she'll be in the coma for a while?" Mark asked as he slumped into the chair as the doctors surrounded him

"So, she'll be in the coma for a while?" Mark asked as he slumped into the chair as the doctors surrounded him. "Yes. As long as we can tell, it may be weeks or months." The head surgeon said. "And we don't know if she'll be able to walk at all because of the strange metal in her spine." The second surgeon stated. "Yes, it seems as if it's some advance liquid metal, infusing into her spinal cord." The head surgeon stated. "We'll run more tests and do another surgery once she's out of the woods." He said before they asked if Mark had any questions for them. He shook his head, feeling numb before they all walked off discussing their strange case.

Diana and Barry sat on opposite sides of him. He exhaled a deep breath before glancing at them both. "So, what happened to Superman, Clark Kent, and Kent's fiancée?" Mark asked. Diana shrugged as Barry's cell phone rang. "Hello? Mari? What?" He said as he stood straight up, causing Mark and Diana to look up at him. They watched his face fall before he slowly sat back down. "Okay. Okay. What will he do?" Barry asked before he listened to her. "I understand. Okay. We'll take care of it." He said before he hung up his cell.

"What's happened, Barry?" Diana asked as Mark looked on. "The creature, Doomsday, caused Superman's fortress to collapse all around them. He made sure that Celeste was in the middle of it. While Doomsday and General Zod fought, they dug out Celeste's body. She's been still and not breathing for over an hour." Barry explained sadly while Diana looked down.

A gasp and a cup falling to the floor caused them to look up to see Martha and Jonathan. "Celeste?" Martha lightly sobbed. Diana quickly went over to her as she got the remaining cups of coffee and gave them to Mark and Barry. She leads the couple to two seats across from her seat. Diana excused herself to get something to clean up the spill. "How's Clark?" Jonathan asked full of worry.

"Not good, sir," Barry stated. "He's just sitting there, protecting her body until this is over. But this is far from over. Doomsday killed General Zod. And Batman feels that this guy is unstoppable." "The babies, Jon," Martha said then leaned into her husband before she began to cry. "Don't cry, Martha. Superman will think of something." Jonathan said when Mark looked up. "Go to your family." He said, before they all looked at him.

Diana came back and sat down as she spoke for them. "Mr. Carter, we should stay with you." She stated. "No. Go. Please. You're needed there more." Mark told her. Barry ran his hands over his jeans and Diana adjusted her glasses before smoothing her hair's bun.

"Thank you, Mr. Carter," Martha said. "All of you, please call me Mark." He said. "Let me call someone I know who will come be here with you," Jonathan said as he pulled out his cell phone out of his pants' pocket to press a number. "Perry? How's Yolanda? Good. She's there with you. Even better. I need a favor." He stated on the phone.

(Back at what was the fortress of solitude.)

Superman continued to sit there holding her body. He noticed how peaceful and beautiful she looked as she continued to remain still. It seems that everything stopped at the moment he moved his right hand over the huge swell of her belly. His blue eyes flooded with tears as he shut out everyone and everything while he let his hands caress the area. Superman began to remember when the day started. They were going to find out about their daughter and son with his parents.

He carefully moved his hands to her head and brought it closer to his. He inhaled the scent of the snow blowing into her hair mixing with her usual fruit scent. He smoothed her hair away from her face and kissed her lips before he spoke to her belly. " I love you, my babies." He whispered to their unborn twins. "I saw mama's list of names and the two that I liked for you both were Caelyn, for you my little girl. And Clark Jr. CJ, for my son. I never got a chance to see you or fully love you. But know that I, your mom, and your grandparents loved you so much." He spoke in a sobbing tone.

"Now daddy has to go destroy this thing. Or at least die trying. That way I can be with you and your mom." Superman said as he carefully laid Celeste's body back down before he stood up. He noticed Mari's mouth moving at the same time the others were speaking. He turned to see Doomsday speak. All he could hear was the blood pumping through his heart. With a deep breath, he shot out his hands as Doomsday shot out a red beam from his left hand and a green beam from his right.

Diana was back as Wonder Woman and Barry was back as the Flash, with Jonathan and Martha riding in Wonder Woman's transparent plane ( a/n: we all know it's not really invisible and I feel doofy writing invisible jet.. so I changed the name.) as they rode over the arctic north. When they arrived, landing the plane at a safe distance, they saw Superman battling Doomsday.

Doomsday sent out an invisible sonic blast from his body, sending Batman, Vixen, and the Green lantern across the land, slamming into rocks and ice. Wonder Woman and the Flash quickly went to assist but Doomsday could see and feel them from behind and knocked them into rocks as well.

Superman could feel the beams of red and green kryptonite making him weak at an increased level until he could feel himself dying. He could see his parents hiding, wanting to protect him. He gave them a look that told them to stay put, no matter what happens. "Now, the seeds of Kal-El are gone and soon Kal-El will be destroyed as well. Then I will kill off this planet and move to the next." Doomsday said as he was satisfied with Superman's life fading away.

He stopped the beam and let Superman fall to the ground. "Mission complete." He stated before he turned to see Martha and Jonathan standing there alone and unprotected. "Now for the humans who cared for Kal-El," Doomsday said beginning to move away from all the bodies around him as he focused on the Kents. " Doomsday!" A male and two female voices spoke in unison, mixing together, creating a loud stereo effect. Jonathan and Martha looked past Doomsday to see where the voice came from and was shocked.

Doomsday turned around to see Celeste standing up with her tattered dress and hair whipping around her as the cold didn't bother her. "You tried to kill our mother! You tried to kill us! You tried to kill those who were trying to protect us! And then you kill our father! You won't kill any more of our family! You won't kill our home! This stops now!" She stood there with her voice being a mix of her own and voices that weren't her own. Jonathan and Martha watched a green light shoot out from Celeste's hands and covered them over before pulling them out of harms way near the rubble of the Fortress.

She then used the same beam and lifted Wonder Woman, The Flash, Green Lantern, Vixen, and Batman to the same spot. Celeste then turned to where Superman was and pulled him into her embrace. She closed her eyes and held him tightly sending a blue glow from her body to his covering him entirely as Doomsday was about to shoot a beam.

"CJ, behind us." A female voice mixing with Celeste's spoke. Without Celeste looking, her right-hand stretched from behind and a black beam shot out, hitting the beam Doomsday was bringing out. Jonathan and Martha kept their eyes upon the scene before them while they helped the superfriends. Soon one by one was alert and up to witness the scene.

Celeste's right hand kept Doomsday at bay until she was finished with Superman's body. Once she was, she emitted the green beam from her right hand and lifted him up to the safety of everyone else. When he was with Jonathan and Martha, Celeste smiled at them all while Doomsday began to charge towards her.

"Celeste!" Vixen yelled. Celeste ignored her as she remained focused on Jonathan, Martha, and Superman. Superman was coming to when Jonathan had an idea. "Son, are you okay?" He quickly asked. "Yeah, dad. What's wrong?" Superman said holding his head. "Have you named the kids yet?" He asked, looking at Doomsday raising his arms making his hands into fist mode.

"Yeah, why?" Superman said trying to focus his vision on his father. "Clark, what are they?" Jonathan begged. "Our daughter's name is Caelyn and our son was going to be named Clark Jr. His nickname is CJ. Why?" Superman asked. Jonathan looked up and yelled. "CJ! Behind you!" Jonathan yelled causing everyone to look between him and Celeste before they saw Celeste turn her head to see Doomsday charging at her.

Superman glanced at the sight before him. Doomsday and Celeste answering to CJ's name before she fought the being. "What in the hell?" Superman muttered in shock.