Chapter 8

The sun rose high into the sky as Celeste opened her eyes slowly. She began to yawn and stretch when she felt something rock hard lying beneath her. She turned her head to see Clark sleeping soundly. His arms were wrapped around her as they were skin to skin. A smile spread across her face slowly as she remembered the great love making their shared last night. Celeste propped her elbow upon his chest as she rested her cheek on her hand.

She watched him peacefully sleep for a few more minutes before she decided to give into his tempting lips. She leaned in and opened her mouth, letting her tongue dart out just a bit. Celeste carefully let her tongue lick the tiny opening of his mouth, feeling a cool breath of air tickle the tip of it. Clark's mouth opened a bit more, letting Celeste gain all access. She let her mouth ease onto him as she seduced his lips and his tongue.

"Mmm." Clark groaned happily as he unwrapped his arms, letting his big, strong hands smoothed her back and backside. Celeste pulled back, regretfully while looking into his blue eyes. Her hair dangled down in front of him, blocking their view of each other. Clark gently brushed it back with his free hand while continuing to look into her face. "There's so much I want to say. But I don't know where to start or know if it's the right time to say it." He said to her as he stared all over her face before focusing back on her lips. He moved his right hand to her mouth. It caressed the plump skin as he felt her words on the tips of his fingers.

"Then don't say anything yet. Clark, I feel something that I can't explain too. And the only thing I do know is that I want you. I need you, Clark. And how we handle this is how we handle this. Once we are ready to move to something else, then we will deal with it." She said with a small grin. "Okay?" Celeste asked as Clark matched her smile and nodded.

"Okay." He said as he felt himself hard between her legs. He eased himself in and just sat there as they continued to stare at one another. Celeste laid her head back down as she closed her eyes, enjoying the feel of him. Clark didn't make love to her at that moment. Right now, all he wanted was to feed the need of being inside of her.

Two days later, Celeste was back to work with Clark picking her up. They decided to keep their relationship private for right now. It wasn't that he wanted to keep it a secret. They just wanted it to be about them for the time being. Many articles, blogs, staff meetings, and projects later they worked the week away.

It was the end of the work week and the beginning of the weekend when Perry called Clark in his office. "I'll be back, C.C.," Clark told Celeste as he got up from his desk and walked into Perry White's office. "Yes, Perry?" Clark asked as he slid up his glasses to the bridge of his nose. "Kent, I need you to cover what I hope to be a major front-page story for me this weekend." Clark tried to hide the fact that was slightly disappointed that he would be working this weekend instead of staying in with Celeste.

"Sure, Mr. White. What's the story?" Clark said as Perry handed him an envelope." Bruce Wayne is getting ready to set up a division of his Wayne Corporation here in Metropolis and I want the why, the how, the when and the where. He's having a party tomorrow night and I was given a couple of tickets, but the wife is sick and I need to take care of her. Jimmy has a press pass, plus a ticket to be there to take some pics with his digital camera. See if you can scrounge up yourself a date and have a great time. But, get me that scoop!" Perry stated to Clark while he looked inside the envelope and smiled. "Will do, Perry. Good night." Clark said as he walked out of the office and up to his desk to get his stuff. He noticed that Celeste was waiting for him at the elevators.

He walked up to her as she pushed the elevator door open. They walked inside when she noticed a huge grin on his face. "What are you so happy about?" She asked him. Clark held the envelope up before pinned her in between his body and the elevator wall. "I'm happy because I got an assignment. " He told her softly against her cheek. Celeste tried to labor her breathing when Clark began to turn her on from being so close. "And getting an assignment has made you feel like this. I guess I need to tell Perry he needs to always give you extra work." She joked.

"No, it's not the work. It's the fact," Clark said in between leaning down to lick her neck before kissing her exposed cleavage. "That the assignment let me take you out on our first official date." He smiled and glanced back up at her.

Celeste smiled then threw head back to laugh. "Is this your way of asking me, Clark Kent?" Clark got in her face as he let her see the spark in his eyes before he answered. "If you accept, it is." Celeste then inched her face to his until they were so close they should have been having sex. "Yes, Clark. I would love to go out on a date with you." "Great."He said before kissing her softly.

Before the elevator rung, they separated when the doors opened to let them walk out. "It's a ball given by billionaire playboy, Bruce Wayne," Clark said as they walked out of the building to where his car was parked. "Sounds, like fun." She said as he opened the door for her. She placed her things in the back as he slid in the driver's side. "It will be. Now let's go to your apartment and grab what you need because you're staying with me this weekend." He said when were they both were in the car, buckled up and heading off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Get ready to meet Bruce and a few others of the mini superfriends at the party and Lois and her hubby will be there as well.