Chapter 3

(A few weeks later)

C.C. soaked up every bit of information and training, Clark had given her since the moment she began working at the Daily Planet. She noticed he seemed sort of shy, yet there something about him. It told her that the shyness was barely the tip of the iceberg. Clark found out that C.C. Walker was a woman very different from Lois. Skin color being obvious. Lois was shorter than him. Thin but had some shape.

Whereas C.C. was voluptuous, curvy, and tall. Not too tall, but tall enough. Her light brown eyes were so bright. And she knew how to hang with the guys. Lois could hang with the guys as well. But C.C. had you staring at her sultry body one moment and then realizing she deciphered the code to all the sports' players way of playing their best and worse games.

(Three months later)

C.C. had finally got the hang of the reins at the Daily Planet. She even made some great impressions on the entire staff and newspaper crew. It had been three months of learning long and short ways to get to and from work. Tonight she had decided to drive past the downtown area, near the waterfront. She was enjoying her ride and knew it had to be getting late. C.C. made a u-turn to head home. She was almost back to the main road when she felt her car's right tire hit something. She could tell by the way the tire moved that whatever it hit, punctured it. Her intuition told her stopping at this moment wasn't a good idea. Too bad her car had other ideas at that time.

She muttered under her breath and brought the car to a slow roll. After she pulled over, it came to a complete stop. C.C. hit her On-star button. In a calm manner, she explained what happened. They called the triple A service and told her to hold on. C.C. got out and surveyed the damage as she shook her head. "What luck! I am alone in a semi-isolated area and who knows when it will be before the tow truck comes." She grumbled to herself.

"May I be of service, Ma'am?" Someone asked from behind her. "What in the he-." Her words died on her lips as she turned around was faced with the stuff legends are made of. C.C. stood face to face with non-other than Superman. She hurried up and closed her mouth and remembered that he asked her a question.

"Oh, no. I called a truck. They should be here in a moment. But thank you." She smiled at him as she leaned against the side of the car. Superman smiled and crossed his arms, giving her an intense stare. "But you just said, that you weren't sure when it would arrive." "How did you-?" She started to say as she gave a half nod and smiled before lightly hitting the side of her head.

"The super hearing right." She said aloud, more to herself than to him. "I guess you've heard of me, then," Superman said to her, cutting through her thoughts. C.C. then crossed her arms and nodded once more. "Who hasn't heard of Superman? You would have to have been just born not to know who you are." She told him. Superman gave her a slight grin before his super-hearing picked up on something far away.

"Miss-." He said as he waited for her to give her name. "Walker. Celeste Walker." She said as she extended her hand to shake his. He looked at her hand with a wider grin as he took it and finished the greeting. "Miss Walker, I think you need to call the company back and tell them you found someone to get the car there." He told her. "Why would I do that?" She asked him as she looked into his blue eyes.

"Because I heard the tow truck driver say he would have to contact you and tell you he can't come. There's a traffic jam due to a road closed for construction." Celeste lightly hit her hand against the side of her head again as she remembered something else. "Of course, the I-34. I remember now. I guess I better call. But who will take me and my car?" She asked before she noticed him giving her a small salute.

Celeste then opened her phone and was about to dial, when it rang. "Hello? Yes, I was about to call you. I have someone who can get me and my car there. Yes, before you close. In about-." She paused to look up and see Superman hold three fingers. "Three minutes. Yes. Really." She smiled as she glanced back at Superman. "I ran into an acquaintance who's taking me there now. Bye." She said before she hung up. Celeste gave a quick, cheerful huff and faced Superman. "Okay. I'm ready. But, how are you going to get me and the car there?" She asked.

(A minute and a half later)

Celeste held onto the seat belt strap that she was tightly buckled into while she felt the car glide through the air. She heard about people being saved by Superman. And those flying with him in news reports and the papers. But this was still a surprising experience, to say the least. As promised, Superman got her and her car there in three minutes. He came down safely from a short distance as he set the car down carefully and pushed it there in two strides.

At that moment the tow truck driver and the mechanics all came out and gushed over Superman at their garage. Some pulled out cell phones to text to people that the man of steel helped a woman with her car. That he was truly a nice guy. Celeste opened her door to grab her purse and bags before she thanked him. He stood there like he was waiting for something else. Celeste turned around from handing the tow truck driver her keys. "Yes, Superman?" She asked him.

He stepped up to her some as he looked at her car. "I'm just waiting to take you home." He whispered so only she could hear. Celeste held in her
shock and played it off. "No, that's okay. Thank you enough. I'm sure I can call someone. In fact, I can call one of my co-workers. I'm sure you-you have people to save and crimes to stop." She told him as she became flustered from staring into his cool blue eyes.

"Anyone I may know. I do have some friends in this town." He smiled at her. He could read with his X-ray vision her body temperature going up, mainly because of him. "I don't think so. His name's Clark. Clark-." "Clark Kent? Clark and I close. You'll be in good hands. Good night, Miss Walker." He told her then he took off into the air. "Good night, Superman," Celeste said with surprise before she walked inside and sat down in the waiting area of the huge and expensive garage.

She began dialing Clark's number and waited through two rings before he answered. "Clark Kent." He yawned. "Oh, Clark. I didn't mean to wake you up. It's C.C. I was wondering can you do me a huge favor."

(Twenty minutes later)

Celeste sat outside the now closed shop when a blue range rover pulled up. She got worried until she noticed a familiar face get out of the driver's side. Clark looked really handsome with his dark hair all over his head. He was dressed in a gray t-shirt and jeans. She glanced at his feet and smiled as was in comfortable moccasins he must have slipped on in a hurry. Clark stepped up to her as he pushed up his glasses and looked down at her. "Are you okay? Why didn't you call me?" He told her with worry as he took her bags and helped her to the passenger side.

"I didn't think that the tow truck wasn't going to come. Then remembered the traffic jam. But Superman was there to help. He got me and my car here before they closed." Clark put her things in the backseat before getting in and buckling up. "Superman. Should have known, he'd swoop in and save the day." Clark mumbled enough for to hear.

Celeste looked at him as he drove out of the parking lot and headed to her place. " He said you two were close and all." Clark continued to drive as he gave nod. "We are. It's just that it seems that once women I work with meet him or get saved by him they seem to get weird." He said as he takes one hand off the wheel to slide his glasses up. Celeste nodded in agreement as they continued to drive.

"I saw an interview when Lois Lane got married that the interviewer asked her how she felt breaking Superman's heart." Clark hit the brake when they got a red light, causing Celeste to look at him like he was crazy. "Really?" He asked. "Yeah, Lois mentioned something about his heart is fine. And he was truly happy for her. I was wondering, but it's not any of my business." Clark came up to her apartment building as he parked in her guest spot. "Well, he was hurting for a while. But I think he may be okay." He said as he turned to her. "Really?" She asked. "Really." He said. "Let's get you inside." He said getting out to get her things.

They made it all the way upstairs. Clark told her he could drive her if she needed him to. Celeste said yes and thanked him when they both stopped in front of her apartment door. "Clark, I am thankful you helped me out. You saved me and I really appreciate it. Anytime you need a favor, I owe you big time." She told him before turning away to unlocked the door. She looked back up at him then lead him in, so he could put down her bags.

"No, problem. C.C." He told her as she walked him back to the door. He stopped at the threshold as she touched his arm, feeling a very strong bicep. She stared at the spot she was holding before looking back in his eyes.

It was then she noticed something familiar about them. Clark's face filled with confusion as he wondered what was wrong with her. "C.C. is something wrong?" He asked as she moved in closer. "No, I was thinking about something. Then I had another thought." "What ?" That was all Clark could say before she closed in and kissed him.

Natural instinct took over as Clark let go of the door and pulled her closer to him. He held her in his arms while they kissed a bit more before Celeste broke away. She began to teeter-totter a bit as Clark held onto her. "That." She finished saying from the conversation they had before the kiss. Clark's cool blue eyes twinkled as he looked from her lips back to her entire face. "Good night." He whispered. "Good night, Clark." She told him before she watched him walked back to the elevator.

Once he went inside it, Celeste closed then locked the door. She leaned against it before licking her lips. "Those eyes. Are they the same eyes?" She said to herself. "I need to see them again to know for sure."