Chapter 23

"Yes, it's true," Lois said as all eyes were upon her while her focus was on Celeste. Celeste closed her eyes and felt a few tears fall. "He survived as a child because two humans took him in and raised him. They know everything about him and where he came from." Lois stated, beginning to remember it all. She stepped down and closer to Doomsday, unafraid. She was more worried about not making it out alive than the two aliens before her. "What? Kal-El posing as a human?" Zod said, amazed. Celeste was about to send a message to Clark when Doomsday's force field went off, dropping her onto the icy, cold floor.

She landed on her bottom hard at the same time Doomsday took giant steps towards Lois. "Continue, human. What else do you know?" He asked as Zod listened intently as well. "He loves the people who raised him. He calls them Ma and Pa. It's another way of saying, Mother and Father. He even has their names. Clark Kent. It is the last names of the two people." Doomsday turned to Zod to speak, his eyes flashed red. "Zod, find these humans and bring them here so we can begin on destroying Kal-El." 

Zod's eyes flashed surprise in anger. He would never take orders from anyone or anything. But with Doomsday staring intently at Zod, he knew better to pick this battle with the creature. He flew off to search for the humans who saved Kal-El and reared him into adulthood. Doomsday went to sit nearby. He shut his eyes and searched in his memory banks for more information on what other planets were on his list after he destroyed this one.

Celeste couldn't believe that Lois sold out Clark's parents like that. "I can't believe you." Celeste finally was able to speak, now being free from the hold of Doomsday. "Believe what?" Lois asked watching Celeste move over to where Lois was. She didn't want to sit near the backstabbing hussy, but she was right now the lesser of three evils. "You gave up Clark and his parents." She scolded Lois who snorted. "So, you did know. That's why you didn't panic when he left Wayne's ball that night." Lois said as she folded her arms. "How long have you known?" 

Celeste pursed her lips in anger as she narrowed her eyes at the woman. "What does it matter?" She replied with disgust. "You have not only destroyed the world and everyone on it, but you just signed your own death warrant, Mrs. Carter."  Lois rolled her eyes as she scoffed at Celeste's ignorance. "Are you kidding? I just saved myself."  She stated.

Celeste placed a hand on her huge womb and shook her head. "Saved yourself for what?" Celeste asked, already knowing the answer. There won't be anything left. Besides, they are going to kill you also. The difference between you and me is,  I didn't make a deal that the bad guys know they won't keep."  Lois huffed and got in Celeste's face. "I made a deal. And they promised." Lois retorted.  

"They lied, bitch," Celeste told her. "They wouldn't do that. Why would they do that?" Lois said, starting to wonder. "Because you stupid woman, they are the bad guys. That's what bad guys do." Celeste stopped talking and closed her eyes again and tried to reach Clark.

"Clark? Clark? Baby, don't try to save us." She pleaded with him. "Lois gave you up. She told everything and Zod is after your parents."Superman opened his eyes, looking up at Bruce and Mari when they looked at him with worry. "What did she say?" Mari pleaded with him. His deep blue eyes went cold as he spoke in a low tone."Zod is after my parents. Lois told this thing and Zod everything about me." Bruce's eyes went wide and Mari covered her mouth in shock before she looked at them both. "I have a few people I need you to meet." She told them before she touched Superman's bicep. "We'll get her back. You go save your folks and we will meet you with help." Mari stated as she watched Superman zoom into the air.

"Jonathan, I am getting worried about Clark and Celeste and the babies." Martha paced with fear as her mind went wild with all kinds of scenarios of what was going on with them. "Martha, this is Clark. He'll be fine. He's going to save Celeste and our grandbabies and destroy these bad guys." Jonathan reassured his wife as he stood at the window, silently praying that all goes well. He looked off into the distance and saw a man flying. 

He smiled, thinking it was his son but the smile faded when he noticed the man flying closer. Recognizing the being, he began to back up, calling his wife. "Martha! Run, Martha!" Was all he could say as Martha stopped pacing to stare at him. "Jonathan, what's happening?" She cried out. "Just run!" He screamed as the wall was torn through. He stumbled some as Martha hurried up to him and scrambled to get him as they looked into the eyes of General Zod.

Superman sped through the skies and hoped to make it before Zod could get there. He reached his place when he saw the destruction and rubble everywhere. "Ma. Pa." He said through a deep breath. "Looking for someone, Kal-el?" A voice penetrated his thoughts as he looked up to see 70,000 feet up in the air, Zod with his parents. "Let them go, Zod!" He screamed as he flew up closer. "I don't think so." Zod stopped him as he roughly gripped the collars of both Jonathan and Martha Kent. "So, the great Kal-El was reared up by lowly humans. Oh, this is priceless." He stated to Superman.

Zod laughed loud as Jonathan tried to struggle. "I would not do that, human." He sneered. "I just may lose my grip on you."He said before smirking. "Or better yet, I could lose my grip and drop her. Or just for fun I could lose my hold on you both and see which one of you Kal-El decides to save."

"Clark, go and save Celeste and the babies," Jonathan yelled. "They are more important." "Yes, son, please save the babies. Don't worry about us." Martha begged in fear. Superman helplessly searched his mind for a plan. "Yes, Superman." Zod mocked. "Save your offspring by the human that we have trapped. I can not wait to destroy them and these pathetic humans. Then make you my slaves and this pitiful planet my kingdom." He laughed. "Zod, I will kill you!" Superman screamed through the clouds. "You will have to catch me first, Kal-El." He laughed once again as he took off in the air with Jonathan and Martha dangling from his grasp.

Superman was close behind as he heard sounds from all around him. On his left were Batman and Vixen and on his right were a man in a green glow flying high, a woman in a transparent aircraft and on the ground, a red flash of color speeding along as well. He knew that there was no time to waste with introductions as he was just glad for the help. 

They zoomed along when he saw Zod head for his Fortress of Solitude.  Where his fiance, his unborn children, and now his parents were being held captive by a crazed Zod, a  superbeing, and a woman who betrayed him worse than any supervillain ever could.

The six superfriends all arrived at the entrance with Superman filled with anger and ready to go inside. Batman noticed Superman's demeanor and immediately stopped him. "Let me go, Bruce!" Superman demanded. "Not without a plan, Clark!" Batman said with a stern voice. "You want a plan! How about we go in and kick their fucking asses and get my woman, the mother of my unborn children back! How's that plan!" He yelled, getting in Batman's face. "I am trying to save your ass long enough to see your kids born!" Batman stated. Vixen stepped up and got between the two of them. "Will you two stop!" She said to them both while the others looked on.

"Bruce is right. We need a plan. Because all of the people in there have one thing in common. Being bait to get you inside." Vixen said to everyone, focusing on Superman and Batman. "So first let's start the introductions. Superman, this is John Stewart, the Green Lantern. Barry Allen, The Flash. And Diana Prince, Wonder Woman." Vixen stated before she turned to Superman. "We will do deeper introductions later once all of this over. Second, we need a plan." She said, stepping aside to let Batman and Superman stand in the middle.

"Clark, I took some samples of the dirt and the wreckage from when Celeste got knocked into the ground." Batman began to speak once more. "This Doomsday that Celeste told you about, came from the wreckage. It must have fallen off his body as he entered Earth's orbit. While the skid marks and crash was possibly due to Zod being here. I found some Kryptonian rocks and strange sand. And-." Batman said before Superman cut him off. "It was from the Phantom Zone. They are both determined to kill me for whatever reasons. And they are using the ones I love to lure me in my own place. Well," He sighed with anger. "Let's give them what they came for." He told them, leading the way down the ice and snow to the entrance to his Fortress of Solitude.