Chapter 30

Clark stood in front of the two of them, not believing his eyes. He blinked as he shook his head in disbelief. He glanced at the boy steal a look from the girl as they gave small smirks. "Caelyn, I don't think he believes it's really us." The boy said while the girl gave a lightly-hearted shrug. "I can see that CJ. I guess we'll have to prove it." She said as she stood straight before she started to lift off the ground. Clark watched her lift her head before her arms went to her sides as she began to fly around the room.

Celeste searched for Clark as she heard a voice in the Data chamber room. She walked in and saw a dark brown-skinned young woman flying around the room. A young man with a fair complexion was blowing a super cool breath, sending a thin but strong sheet of ice towards Clark's face. "Clark!" She yelled running towards him, almost tripping up the steps. Before Celeste could fall flat on her stomach, the young man sped towards her catching her just when she was headed downwards. "Ahh," Celeste said and breathed when she clutched one hand around the man's shoulders and the other at the center of her belly. CJ could feel the fear from her as she trembled in his arms. She watched him float off the ground and lightly flew her over to Clark. "Mom, are you okay?" He asked her, sitting her down on her feet. Celeste quickly scrambled from his hold and into Clark's arms.

"Mom?" The teen girl asked with surprise. "Who, are you?" Celeste asked in disbelief. Caelyn smiled and stepped up. "Mama?" She softly said called to Celeste once more, walking up to the three of them. "You and daddy are so beautiful." Clark leaned near his wife's ear and whispered. "That's Caelyn and Clark Junior. Our babies." Celeste looked up at her husband then back to the teenager as she couldn't believe her ears and eyes. She walked away from Clark to step up to them and touched their faces. "But how?" She asked in disbelief.

"When we help rebuild this place with daddy, we had crystals made with what we may look like when we're older," Caelyn explained as she smiled. "Yeah, just like our grandparents from Krypton can interact with you, even though they are no longer here," CJ said as he touched a part of Celeste's stomach where he could feel himself kick. "We can do the same, even though we are still in there."

"My babies," Celeste said with tears in her eyes pulling them both close, amazed that she could touch them. They both smiled and hugged her back.  "Why have you come right now?" Clark said closing the distance between them all. Caelyn looked at CJ and sighed. "CJ." She said causing him to sigh also. "It's because of all we learned from Doomsday's brain and what you need to know. There are lots of bad things about to happen but we won't be able to help you." "Well, " Caelyn began. "Not like we did before. Not until we get older.  As babies, we'll be helpless. But mama will be able to." "Me?" Celeste asked as she looked from them to Clark.

"Yes, mama. You know how you eat for your babies and take care of them while they are inside of you. Well, we do the same. But the long-lasting effects on your body are that you absorbed some of our powers each time we saved you and healed you and fought while inside of you." CJ nodded as he agreed. "And you'll need her and the other Superfriends, dad. We have our powers but we'll be babies and won't know how to use them yet."

"Well, what powers does your mother have?" Clark asked. "We don't know and you won't know until you use them. " "And you won't use them until there is a major crisis at hand. Once that happens they'll be there but won't be noticeable unless you need to use them." Caelyn stated. The couple nodded in understanding as the elder Clark walked up to his son and placed a hand upon his shoulder. They walked away as Celeste and Caelyn stood and talked some.

Blue eyes looked into blue eyes as he spoke low. "Son, exactly what will happen?" "Dad, I can only tell you that your past will face you both. And you have to fight the present with the past in order to save the world." CJ explained as he leaned in to give his dad a hug. He turned his head and whispered in his ear as he let the hug linger. "Dad, if you don't destroy her, she will kill you then destroy everything in her way and everything you love."

Clark made a face as he grew concerned. "Who is it, son?" He asked as he grew angry that the mess with Doomsday wasn't over yet. CJ was about to say something when Celeste yelled out. "Daddy?" Caelyn screamed as Clark and CJ went over as Celeste was doubled over in pain. "Courtney!" Clark called to her. A gush of water flowed down in between her legs as she glanced up at him.

"Clark, it's time." She groaned. "CJ and Caelyn stay with her for a minute," Clark said as he sped to their bedroom and rushed into his superman suit along with two duffel bags. He arrived back as he scooped Celeste in his arms. "CJ, I-." He was about to say as they weren't there anymore. He flew out of the fortress with his wife in his as they headed to where he left the car safely at. He quickly changed into his jeans and a button-down shirt with a jacket. He slipped on his glasses before he got into the driver's seat. He glanced at calm and steady Celeste as she did her slow breathing. Clark started the car as Celeste dialed her father-in-law, mother-in-law, and Mari to tell them the news.

Clark concentrated on getting Celeste there fast but without going over the speed limit. His mind started to go back to what CJ said to him. He needed to know who was this new enemy of his that CJ felt he would never destroy if he needed to save everyone he loved and the world he lives on. Clark shook the thoughts from his head as he went from thinking about one nerve-wracking issue to another one. For he needed to worry about Celeste. He'd worry about the impending crisis later. Right now he had to get ready to greet his firstborn daughter and son.