Chapter 12

(The next morning)

Celeste was sleeping next to Clark in his king sized bed while he sat up watching the news. He stared intently as Lois stood before the cameras and reported the latest Superman story she wove into the tale about her 'dear friend'- the man of steel. Clark quietly sat under the covers as he remained glued to the screen. He softly felt Celeste turn over then sit up some before wrapping her arms around his waist, snuggling with him. "When are you going to deal with it, Clark?" She whispered, trying to find her voice. Clark held onto her while keeping his eyes on the television screen. "Deal with what, Courtney?" He mumbled and sighed, knowing what she was talking about. "Dealing with the unspoken feelings that surge through you, baby." She said sitting up completely, letting him go to move her hair out of her face.

Clark felt an ache inside as her touch left him briefly. Clark watched Celeste stare at him before she straddled his covered lap. He glanced at her dressed in pair of boxer shorts and her old college t-shirt while he felt himself grow hard underneath her. "Do you know how bad I want you right now?" He told her, making her smile. "As much as I want you." She began and placed her palms over his cheeks, holding his face. "But right now, there's a big pink elephant in the room with us and her name's Lois Lane Carter," Celeste told him while he held onto her hands as they warmed his face. Clark rolled his eyes as huffed a breathe. "Ice cold water, Courtney." He told her about her conversation before he carefully lifted her up and placed her onto the bed.

"I know, Clark. But after what I heard her say to me as well as you at Bruce's party I'm noticing more unresolved issues or feelings from her." Celeste pointed out as she followed him out of the bed. "I told you that she never cared for me in that way, sweetie. So why are you bringing this up?" He asked her as he brushed his teeth. "Because it's not Clark I'm telling about this. It's Superman." She stated the obvious before she placed toothpaste on her brush. Clark froze in mid-brush knowing she was right. And her next words only confirmed what he already knew. "Clark, I think you need to take care of this before you take me on this surprise trip you have planned. That way you will be free and clear of any leftover issues that you and Superman both have."

Lois was deep into researching an article when she got a call from Superman. He told her to meet her on top of the roof of her business' building in ten minutes. She noticed he said that they needed to talk. She walked around the roof grounds as she inhaled from her cigarette. She was pacing when she felt a gentle breeze flow from above. Superman landed on the top of the grand Carter Entertainment Building as saw Lois standing there. She turned around to face him as she was dressed in black slacks, black pumps, and a white blouse under a black sweater. She wore her hair up in an elegant bun as she flicked the ash from her half-smoked cigarette.

They both took steps toward each other as they both took the other in. "So, how have you been?" She began. "I've been doing well for myself. " He told her. "So, did you ever come to the wedding?" She asked as a small smile graced her small yet pouty lips. "I was there. Above. I saw and heard the entire thing." He told her as he stopped walking to her. Lois smiled wider as she continued to close in on the distance as he stayed in place. "I knew I felt you there. Of course, you saw and heard it all. You're Superman. Duh." She laughed a bit before taking a puff off her cig before she flicks the ashes away.

"Still don't realize that those are bad for you, eh Lois?" He asked her as he stood before her with his arms crossed over his chest. "Yeah, but we all got to have our vices to relax. " She stated as she finished it before tossing the butt away. "So, how have you been?" She asked him. "I have been surprisingly fine," He told her as he looked off with a smile. "I've missed you," Lois admitted to him.

Superman arched a brow in surprise as he didn't know what this was coming from. "You missed me?" "Yeah," Her eyes brightened. "I miss my friend. I miss talking to you." She said. "Really?" He asked, shaking his head lightly. "Well, that's surprising to hear. I don't remember us being friends that much. No, I do remember somewhat before what we had. But you seem like it was two old buddies just hanging out. And the reason I called you to talk to you was to set it all straight. You let you know that the cards all on the table, Lois and how I really have been feeling right now."

Lois gave a look of surprise as she braced herself for whatever news Superman had for her. "Okay, I'm ready." She told him. Superman unfolded then refolded his arms as he started to speak. "I have heard that you have been making it out to be that you're my only friend." He said ina clear tone. "What?" She said surprised. "I don't know-." She began before he cut her off. "That C.C. isn't anything to me." He said as Lois narrowed her eyes. "C.C.? Courtney Walker?" She ask before laughing at him. "Oh, my God! You have feelings for her?" Lois said more than asked as she finished the cigarette before dropping it to the ground to stomp it out. "I care for her," Superman told her without a batting an eye. "So, basically you in competition for this woman?" She asked him.

Superman started to walk up to her as he shook his head. "She's Clark's girlfriend. But she's a friend to me and amazingly she has love for both of us. She's not trying to pit us against each other." He told her. "I never put you two against each other," Lois said, surprised at the admission. "Oh, no? So, you haven't boasted to Clark about me? And you never treated Clark less than a friend?" He asked her as he closed the distance between them. "I-I-I treated him like a co-worker." Lois stuttered out, trying to explain. "Did you know he cared for you?" Superman asked her as he tried to keep his emotions in check.

Lois shook her head as she couldn't believe the conversation they were having. "Since when have you been Clark Kent's cheerleader?" She asked. "Since, I can relate to the pain he has always felt. Remember, I heard your vows. And I saw your expression. I did love you, you know." He admitted to her, causing her to gasp. "I wanted you to be mine forever." He said in a whispered tone. Lois reached out to touch his arm as her eyes softened. " Superman, how could I be yours forever. There was no way when you belong to the world." She said sadly.