Chapter 37

Perry walked up to where a big crowd was gathering as he noticed everyone staring out the window. Jimmy turned to see his boss walk up as he waved him over. "Chief! Chief! I've been looking for you!" Jimmy said as he brought him closer to the window. "I just got back from lunch with my wife. I came in through the garage. What's going on?" Perry said as he and Jimmy made their way to the front of the window. "It's Lois." Jimmy began. "She's acting strange."

"Strange, how Jimmy?" Perry asked they got through the crowd. "Well, she's flying like Superman and she's looking for C.C." "Celeste? What does she want with Celeste?" Perry wondered as they stood before the window and saw Lois hovering in the air across from them. "Lois Lane Carter!" Perry said as she turned her head towards his direction. "What are you doing? How are you doing it?" "I am waiting on Celeste Walker. To destroy her." Lois said as her voice was a mixture of her own and a mechanical tone.

"Destroy her!" Jimmy and Perry both as everyone whispered amongst themselves."Why?" Perry asked. "She took Superman from me! And for that Celeste Walker must die!" "Superman?" Perry and Jimmy said in surprise. "Celeste doesn't want Superman," Perry said as he shook his head at her madness. "Lois, stop this! Go home to your husband! He's probably worried about you." Lois continued to hover in the same spot as she spoke. "First, I will take care of Celeste Walker. Then I will take care of Mark Carter." 

"What?" Perry said as Jimmy spoke up. "Lois, why do you keep saying Celeste's name as Celeste Walker?" Lois turned her entire body towards them as she tilted her head some. "Because that is her name. Celeste Walker. Is it not?" Everyone at the window, including Perry and Jimmy, shook their heads. "No. It's not. Not anymore." Perry said. "It's Celeste Kent.' Jimmy added. "She married Clark almost seven months ago."

"No. No. No!" She screamed as she turned her head back to the window as beams shot out of her eyes. Perry and Jimmy stepped back quickly as everyone else ran out of the way.

Celeste threw the truck in park before she ran down the street to where Lois was. "Lois!" Celeste yelled up in the air. All heads turned towards Celeste down in the street  while Perry and Jimmy went to another window for safety. "You married Clark?" Lois yelled in a tone, not of her own.

 "Yes, I did. I love him and he loves me. And we have our daughter and our son, here, happy and healthy!" She yelled as Lois lower herself closer to the street where Celeste stood. "Now why don't you go back to your husband! And stay away from mine!" Celeste demand as Lois yelled before stretching out her hands in front of Celeste. 

"No! Why don't I kill you first, then Clark will be alone." "This isn't about Clark. This is about Superman. And what you remembered." Celeste called her out. "You never truly gave a shit about Clark! It was always Superman until you walked away, even from him!" Celeste yelled as she saw a black beam shoot from Lois' hands and hit her with a force that sent her body flying through the street hitting and armored truck. "AAHH!UGHH!" Celeste screamed before blacking out as her body hit the ground.

The moment she fell to the ground, Superman felt something was wrong. Jor-El noticed the look upon his son's face caused him great concern. He was about to speak when CJ and Caelyn began to cry. "What is wrong with the children?" Lara-El asked as CJ began to move towards Caelyn before they both looked at their father. Suddenly a vision of their mother came before their eyes, moments before she hit the truck replayed to them. "Courtney!" Superman said as he stood up and gathered the children in his arms. "Was that your wife, my son?" Lara-El wondered as he turned and nodded. "We must go." He said as his father and mother nodded in understanding. "Yes. Go." Jor-El stated before Superman took off with his son and daughter close to him.

Lois stood before Celeste as she was about to finish her when Mark arrived. "Lois?" He asked in surprise as she was about to kill Celeste. "Lois! No, please!" Mark begged. "You can't kill her. What has she done to you?" He said as he grabbed her by the arms and turned her around to face him. "What did she do to you to make you act like this? You wake up from a seven-month coma and start to act weird and destroy things." Lois narrowed her eyes at her husband as she snatched his hold away. "She took Superman away from me! He was mine! Mine!"

Mark took a step back as he began to shake his head at what she said. "Are you kidding me? Superman? This is about Superman? Well, you want to be with him so bad then you can have him!" Mark yelled as he turned and walked away. "I gave you everything Lois and you still think about him. Well, we are through. But first I will help Celeste Kent." He said as he went over to an unconscious Celeste to help her up.

"Don't help her, Mark," Lois stated as she began to levitate off the ground. "I will have to take you out if you do." She said as the wind around her began to pick up. "What can you do to me that could hurt me any worse than you have now?" He asked as he got Celeste up and in his arms, as he started to carry her when Lois raised her left hand and let a red beam shoot out and straight into Mark's back. "Arrrgggggggh!" He screamed as he hit his knees hard before he let Celeste slip out of his arms. His eyes rolled back into his head before he went down and instantly died. Lois stopped the beam when she knew he was no longer breathing.

She walked passed her husband's lifeless body and stood over Celeste's shapely frame. She grabbed Celeste by the arms and yanked her up when a voice boomed from the air. "Celeste!" Lois looked up as she flew up into the air with Celeste's body over her head. "Superman! It's me, Lois. You've come back to me." Lois smiled in a deranged way.