Chapter 2

(Two weeks later- Smallville)

Clark and his father worked in the fields with his dad's farm hands. They finished up the harvest with the farm hands then moved on to load up the products. Clark's dad, Jonathan Kent, signed off on the paperwork with the company before receiving the payment for all the supply and their work. Martha Kent, Clark's mother, called everyone to supper, knowing that everyone built up a strong appetite. The table held laughter and conversation from everyone, but Clark. He just finished his food in silence.

Once it was just the three of them, Jonathan sat in the living room with his wife as they watched their son. He sat there and stared at the television, staring back at him. "Clark, you have to get out son," Jonathan stated. "I know you cared for her, but she's now married to another man."

Clark took off his glasses as he exhaled deeply. "I know, dad. It's well-. I don't know. I thought that maybe she was the one. I hoped anyway. These years we've been working together, I guess I thought we bonded." He explained. "I thought you bonded as Superman?" His mother asked while she snuggled into her husband.

"I thought that too. But I guess she was in it for the story. Or maybe the danger of it all. I don't know. Maybe I should have just admitted that I am Superman." Clark admitted. "You mean you hadn't told her all this time, son?" Jonathan asked him. Clark shook his head before he shrugged. "There was that one time when I saved her from General Zod and his henchmen. But she took it so hard. I felt I needed to set her free from the truth and made her forget." He said with a sigh.

Jonathan and Martha just glanced at each other before sighing. "Well, what are you going to do when you see her at work, Clark?" Martha asked him. "Nothing. She no longer works there. Her husband is into television and has made her new co-anchor at his television studio." Clark replied.

"At least there won't be a conflict of interest at work. You don't have to deal with seeing her as a newly married woman. But son, hiding at home with your parents licking your wounds isn't going to make it go away. You have to face this head on or it will forever eat at you. You are Superman. You are Clark Kent and neither side of you should or would ever surrender to the hurt and pain in defeat." Jonathan told his son.

"Besides, dear, you may meet someone new. And they could be the one." Martha said with a smile. She reached over to Clark and gave him a gentle pat him on the knee.

(Two weeks later-Metropolis)

Clark was back at work and his home away from home. He got busy updating his news page on his computer. An hour later, Clark was in the middle of finishing up when Jimmy Olsen walked over to his desk. "Welcome back, Clark," Jimmy said while he was working on a camera phone in his hands. "Thanks, Jimmy. How has Perry taken to the news that Lois isn't coming back?" Clark asked while he continued to glance at the screen. Finally satisfied with what he had done, he saved it.

Jimmy finished up on the camera phone and saved before glancing at Clark. "At first, not so good. Then he hired a new reporter. He replaced Lois' old spot with someone that has been here for years." Clark sat back as he looked up into Jimmy's eyes. "Really? Who?" Clark asked, amazed that Perry found someone so fast. "You. You get to have her old job and the newbie will take over your old job." Jimmy explained.

"Who's the newbie?" Clark asked him. "Dunno, some guy named C.C. Walker. Word is you might be training him. We're all supposed to meet him today." Jimmy said. Clark gently rocked in his office chair as he smiled at getting Lois' old job. He was deep into the thought of the position when Jimmy nudged him. "Huh?" Clark said. "Mr. White's walking in with some gorgeous woman." Jimmy pointed with a nod of his head.

Clark turned to see Perry White walk off the elevator with a gorgeous, curvy, fantastic looking woman. He took her in slowly from the long, dark hair to her light brown eyes to her dark brown skin to the bright multicolored dress she had on. Clark swallowed quietly as he watched them walk up to his desk.

"Clark! Good that you're back from your parents! I want you to meet your new replacement and trainee. C.C. Walker. C.C., this is Clark Kent. Our new head reporter and Jimmy Olsen, our lead photojournalist." Jimmy and Clark both sat there wide-eyed as C.C. extended her hand to Jimmy. They shook hands while Jimmy shook his head in disbelief. "What does the C.C. stand for?" He asked as she moved on to shake hand.

"It stands for Celeste Courtney." She explained before focusing in on Clark. "And you're Mr. Clark Kent. I think we're going to get along great." Jimmy leaned into Clark as he whispered. "With a name like C.C., who knew he would be a she and she'd be this hot." Clark nodded in agreement as he continued to shake C.C.'s hand. Who knew indeed? He thought. "Yes, Ms. Walker. I think we'd get along just fine." Clark told her with a small smile.