Chapter 24

Superman leads the group of superheroes into his fortress as he could hear Lois talking. "So, when he arrives then I will be let go. Right?" She said as both Doomsday and Zod gave her the same toned answer. "Yes." Superman stood there taking them all in. He glanced at Lois pacing some, while Celeste sat calmly soothing her stomach. She was huddled closely in between his parents. He bittersweetly smiled some before speaking loudly, giving them all notice.

"Zod!" His voice boomed causing Zod and Doomsday to glance first, then the others followed. "Kal-El!" Zod bellowed watching Superman glance at the people he cared for.  With a smirk and a lift of his hand, he separated Celeste from Jonathan and Martha. He placed Celeste near the information crystals before he put the Kents with Lois. "

Clark!" Celeste screamed as Doomsday shot a blue light out of his hand and cut out a huge block of ice from a sidewall and placed it in front of her. He then shot out a red light to seal the ice , locking her in. "Celeste! No!" He yelled and flew towards the ice but getting side butted from Zod.

"Come on, gang. Let's kick some robot-alien ass." The Green Lantern said as Batman nodded in agreement. Green Lantern was heading towards Doomsday and Vixen was heading toward where Celeste was trapped. "Wonder Woman. Flash. Can you quickly get Lois and the Kents out of here then get back in time in case we need you?" Batman asked Wonder woman and the Flash. "Yeah, sure." The Flash said. "Yes, we can get them out on my plane to safety." Wonder Woman agreed. "Good. Okay, go!" Batman said before he went to help The Green Lantern.

Wonder Woman ran to get her plane ready while the Flash grabbed the Kents and Lois. He was and was speeding them all out when a beam from Doomsday struck someone while they left the Fortress of Solitude. "Ahhhh!" A scream was heard while the fighting continued in the foreground.

Superman's head quickly turned as the voice yelled out in agony. But before he could tell who it was, Barry Allen aka The Flash was gone with all three of them. "John, what happened?" Superman struggled with Doomsday as he called the name of The Green Lantern. "Don't know. Couldn't look." John said as he took a swing at Zod.

Vixen tried to break the ice but had no such luck. "Mari! Mari! It's no use!" Celeste screamed through the ice. "Just save Clark and his parents! Please!" She said, trying not to show fear." No! Dammit! I won't let you and the babies die! Clark got his parents and Lois out, but someone was hurt as they left. Right now, I know Clark would want me to save you and the babies!" Vixen said while she struggled with the task of saving her friend.

Doomsday grew tired of this as he easily fought Kal-El. He glanced around and saw the remaining beings here and had enough. "I'm tired of this game. This ends now." He spoke loudly before he shot a rainbow of color beams from his palms and his eyes. 

Suddenly everyone, including Kal-El and General Zod, was thrown back through the air. Vixen hugged the ice before Superman was slammed into it. " You all die now!" Doomsday said. "Starting the with the human carrying Kal-El's seed." 

Superman shook out of his dazed state to hear what he said. "No." He struggled to stand up, shaking his head. "NO! NO!" He screamed as he watched Doomsday in record speed send a gray light out around them all, causing the Fortress of Solitude crashing around them. The ice blocking Celeste went down first. "CLARK!" 

Superman could hear her scream his name while he tried to save her but was too late. "CELESTE! CELESTE!" He let out a blood-curdling scream as her cry for him mixed with his voice, both of them echoed into the air. "CELLLLLLLESTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" He fell to his knees as Vixen took off her hood.

 She shed tears for them both, while Batman took off his mask and sat down himself. John sat down also while Zod struggled to get up and faced Doomsday. "You did it wrong! " He yelled. Zod struggled to walk, feeling the pain from the explosion. "You were supposed to work with me to take down Kal-El! His ice palace was supposed to be my new kingdom! And I was going to rule this planet! Kal-El would be my slave!" 

Zod screamed at Doomsday. "I was the one who was supposed to kill the human, so I can remind him for the rest of his life I took her away! You let the other humans getaway, you stupid thing!" Zod said, looking around. "Now look at it! It all destroyed! We're sitting in the cold as this blinding white freezes us!"

They all were now outside, thanks to the fortress being destroyed. Superman looked defeated wondering about her body. In a quick but stumbling movement, he moved Mari out the way and began to sift through the ice debris while Zod and Doomsday continued to face off.

"I never told you that you were supposed to rule anything." Doomsday calmly reminded him. "I am going to destroy this planet and move on to destroy the next. And I will continue until there are no more planets. No more life of any kind, then I will destroy myself ." Doomsday told him and the others as Zod stumbled back in shock. 

"You're mad! Very mad!" Zod shook his head in disbelief before he raised his arms and let his powers try to take out Doomsday. But Doomsday's powers were greater than Zod's as they struggled for control and the ultimate win.

"Superman, should we help Zod?" John said before Superman cast him a look. "You know the lesser of two evils." He explained. Superman was about to tell him what he could do with that suggestion when he saw Celeste unconscious body covered with all the crystals from the fortress.

 He carefully lifted her up, checked for a heartbeat from her and movement from the babies. He glanced down at her to see one of the crystals embedded in her stomach some. "Oh, God." Mari whispered, speaking for them all. Tears filled and flooded his eyes, using his x-ray vision to see how deep it went. He carefully took it out as he saw the bodies of his children weren't damaged by it. He sighed some and mentally prepared himself to bury the three of them.

"Let them fight. Maybe they'll kill each other. And save me the job." Superman mumbled holding Celeste's lifeless body close to his. John, Mari, and Bruce stayed with him until they heard an explosion. Heads turned to see Doomsday holding Zod in the air with a beam. He was killing him before the beam brought Zod's body closer to Doomsday's hand. They all watched him finish the job with his bare hands. He held Zod's head and crushed it before letting his hand heat up. They all watched Zod's body disintegrate.  "What in the hell?" Bruce whispered. "This son of a bitch is unstoppable."

(Meanwhile back in Metropolis )

"Will she be alright?" Diana Prince, also known as Wonder Woman, asked. She and Barry Allen, also known as the Flash were in the secret identity form standing in front of the window to the ICU, looking in. "Right now it's touch and go. Good thing you got to her in time." The doctor stated. "I'm her husband, dammit! Where's my wife?" They heard Mark Carter running up to the glass and seeing his wife not awake. "Why isn't she awake, doctor?" He pleaded. "Mrs. Carter is in a coma, Mr. Carter." The doctor informed Mark.

"Yes, Mr. Carter," Barry said glancing at Diana. "Your wife was involved in a situation that caused this. She sided with someone who wanted revenge on Superman." "Tell me, everything," Mark said as he held a grim face.