Chapter 17

Chapter 17

(40,000 light years away - 25 years ago)

[Voice recorded in memory, constantly replaying in transport mode, yet shaky]

My son, I failed you. If you...you are listening to this, I failed you. I wanted your mother, you and I to make it but we-we.... {static interference} ....then sent to phantom zone ...... joined ... Zod and his men.... punish... Jor-El...Lara Lor-Van-El..... Kal-El...I couldn't be enough of a warrior to fight..... for you ....my son. So-So, I became the scientist ...... to save your life.... destroyed yours... destroyed mine....hate.... everyone..... me..{static breaks one last time, before shutting off}

Red eyes with microscopic specks of blue close as the scientist-made vessel they traveled in landed upon another far away, seemingly advanced planet. The eyes belonged to a mixture of the deceased remains of a humanoid baby and the scientist and his wife. Although he was formed in a lab, he still remembers the memories they both gave him and the things they taught him until the wife died.

He silently thought if he had feelings, he would have cried when she died but he didn't. The last thing the scientist could do for him before he had to kill him was to implant his mind with that last recording. A recording that became a mission for him. To rid the galaxies of all imperfect life. To take out everything and anything that was not fit to survive. And also to find Jor-El, Lara-El, and Kal-El to destroy them all in the process until there is nothing left in the entire universe.

His ears pick up movement as he turns and sees a creature of foreign origin. It was walking on air with long flowing fabric all around it. "Hello. Peace be with you." The male creature spoke. "What is your name and are you lost?" He asked. " I am Doomsday. And I am not lost. I am here to destroy you."

(Present time-one week later)"Celeste?" Clark called her while was busy working from his laptop at home in his bedroom

"Celeste?" Clark called her while was busy working from his laptop at home in his bedroom. "Yes?" She called from the living room as she was finishing up her work also. "Do we have to meet them today?" He groaned as he sped through his article perfectly while glancing at the door." "Yes, we do Clark. I don't have anyone here and Mari is the closest thing for not only a friend but family I have. I am all alone in the world." She jokes and finished up her edits before sending her work through.

"I understand that, sweetie. But," He paused as he scanned it quickly and sent it through before shutting down his laptop to zoom on his clothes and step to the doorway, straightening his t-shirt. "Do you have to invite Wayne also?" He said as he walked up to her, taking her in. She was in a green wrap around dress that stopped at the knee. It had ruffles around the hem with green heels. "Why are you worried about Bruce Wayne?" She asked, watching him slip his arms around her curvy waist.

"Because I remember how he flirted with you." Clark huffed as he leaned into her, breathing in a strawberry and coconut scent. "Mmmm." He murmured in her hair. "Clark, he's was just being what they say about him in the news. Besides, he's with Mari and I never wanted him. Now, let's go meet them for lunch." Celeste stated before giving him a kiss and grabbing their things to head out.

They arrived at a relaxed restaurant and walked in, stopping to tell the host who they were with. She leads them over to a table by the wall where Bruce and Mari were waiting. "See. Look how cozy they look." Celeste smiled at Clark before they made it to the table. "C.C. Girl, you look fabulous! I mean positively glowing. Hello Clark." Mari greeted them, both with kisses on the cheek. "What did you do to her?" Mari beamed. "Before we talk about that," Celeste cut her off as she and Bruce hugged. Clark noticed it before he politely shook Bruce's hand."I want to know when did you two get together?"

"Well, Bruce?" Mari said as she sipped her drink. The waiter handed them their menus as Bruce cleared his throat. "We talked after the ball and kept in touch. Then we wanted to see each other again. We bumped into one another somewhere and that's when we took it to another level, so to speak." He smiled at Clark and Celeste before looking at Mari. "Yeah, exactly like that. But, you and I will gossip about that later. I want to know why you called us both to meet you." Mari said as Celeste looked to Clark for approval.