Chapter 34

An hour later, they arrived at Smallville Airport as they walked through the inside of the building. Clark noticed how quiet they were as they took a cab and headed to the family farm. Clark noticed how even though the farm looked the same it wasn't. It was more modernized. "The farm looks great." He commented aloud. "I forgot you haven't been back in a long time," Celeste said as she stepped up and unlocked the door to the house before walked in to punch a code on the wall. 

The lights on the wall went green before she let everyone step in. "Thanks to the vision you, CJ, and Pop had a long time ago. Our son, the inventor and the computer wiz, made sure the farm didn't go to the waste-side and become a has-been. Instead, it's a thriving farm growing and farming green products and organic, healthy foods that everyone can afford." Clark's face filled with surprise as he was moved. "Wow, son. This is fantastic. You did all this and made the farm like this?" Clark said while he looked around the home seeing wall to wall pictures of his entire family.

"You live here. son?"He asked as he stopped to see one picture on the mantle behind several others catch his eye. "I do, dad. This is my full-time job. Mom and Caey visit when they can." CJ said while noticed his father reach for the picture.

"Where did this picture come from?" Clark asked seeing a picture of his biological parents with CJ and Caelyn when they were younger. "Dad you took us there when CJ and I were two and we got to meet them," Caelyn told him. "You took the picture. Remember? It was the last time we went. And we were never allowed to use our powers ever again." Clark looked at the picture of his twins standing proudly in front of their biological parents holograms. "I remember grandmother, Laura-El and grandfather, Jor-El gave us our Kryptonian names."

Clark's eyes began to water. "What are they?" He asked. "Mine is Lara Van-El. A reminder of grandmother Lara-El and her mother and father." Caelyn said. "And mine is Jal-El. " CJ stated. "A combination of your name and grandfather Jor-El." He placed the picture back in its original spot before turning back to face them. "Wow, what do you do with them?" "We used them as middle names since we didn't have any," CJ stated. "Yeah, we just say that our parents are fans of Superman." Caelyn smiled. "Dad, I'm getting sleepy. I'll see you in the morning." CJ said walking up to his father and giving him a hug and a kiss on the cheek. "Night son," Clark said.

"Yeah, daddy. This was a good idea. Thanks for wanting to come here." Caelyn said as she hugged and kissed Clark. "You're welcome, baby. Night Caey." He kissed her back. He watched them head up to their rooms before he looked and noticed that Celeste was nowhere to be found. He glanced out the window and saw her walking down the road.

He headed out in the warm air and sped down the trail to catch up to her. "Courtney." He said as she stopped to see him at her side minus the glasses. "Hello, Clark." She said as she continued to walk. "Where are you going?" "To visit, Mom and Pop." She commented. "Here, let me take you." He said as he lifted her into his arms and thought of his superman suit. He was suddenly in his suit before he took off with her.

He noticed how his body reacted to holding her. She had the same curves and shape after all these years. He inhaled the familiar scent of her hair as he flashed back to when he was younger, which seemed like yesterday. They arrived at the cemetery as she directed him to where his parents were. He set her down as he couldn't believe the sight before him. 

A set of tombstones with the names Martha and Jonathan Kent. He collapsed in the spot he was in before he crawled over to them. Tears flooded his eyes as he knew that it was real. He touched the cold stone before he looked down and used his x-ray vision and saw their remains, peacefully laying their caskets. Clark began to sob and mentally wished he could go back and fix whatever happened. 

"Courtney, I can't remember. What happened?" He sobbed some. "Your father was killed by some creep trying to steal his truck to get away after a robbery. He had a heart attack, struggling with the man. Your mother, she tried to put on a brave face and go on, but with the combined fact her heart was breaking and you distancing yourself from all of us to keep us safe." Celeste paused some as she sighed before continuing. "She wanted to go to be with your dad."

"Mom and dad, I am so sorry that I wasn't there. Please forgive me." He said sniffing back the tears. He couldn't take anymore and felt the need to go. "Let's go back." He said as he carried her and flew up into the air. In a matter of minutes, they were back on the farm and in the house. Celeste locked up for the night as he stood there feeling defeated.