Chapter 19

(Later that next day)

Clark and Celeste were at work, waiting for a chance to talk to Perry White. Clark glanced over at Celeste who busied herself while his mind was on his parents' happiness. Leaving the farm in good hands while they come up to visit Celeste and Clark. He couldn't wait to see them and let them know the wedding is going to be sooner than planned. Clark noticed Celeste save her work before watched Perry open his door and wave them in. 

Celeste turned towards Clark and smiled, leading him to Perry's office. "Sit down, you two." He greeted them as he sat down to start to eat his lunch with his wife, Yolanda. "So, what is this news you have to tell me?" He glanced at them as Clark cleared his throat. "Speak up, Kent," Perry said as he took a bite of his food.

"Sir, I wanted you to know when Celeste and I were away meeting my folks, I proposed to her." "And I said yes." Celeste smiled, showing the ring. "Oh, Celeste! I am so happy for you and Clark." Yolanda White beamed and stood up to hug her. "Also, we recently found out I am a few months pregnant. But I can work up to delivery." Celeste said as she waited for Perry's reaction.

They all watched him stand and step up to them. He stood in front of Celeste before breaking out in a smile and pulling her to hug and then hugging Clark. "Congratulations you two. " Perry said as he moved back to hold his wife as they stood looking at the young couple. "Well, I want you to know that whatever you two need, I'll do. Don't worry." Perry said before Yolanda, corrected him. "What my loving husband means is that whatever you both need, we'll do for you." 

"Thank you, Perry and Yolanda." Clark and Celeste beamed as they held hands. "Is it a boy or a girl?" Yolanda asked as she and Perry sat back down. "Well, it's twins but we don't know the sex yet. When we find out, you'll be first- not counting Clark's parents- to know." Celeste smiled.

"This calls for a front-page article. It worth the top byline. Just listen, 'Daily Planet's lead reporter gets engaged to prodigy writer'. You two are a match made in journalism." Perry smiled as his wife shook her head. "That sounds great, boss." Clark stood, tugging her hand gently. "Well, we will let you both get back to eating. I'm going to take Celeste to her first doctor's appointment." Clark and Celeste waved bye with their free hands before heading out of the office and to the elevator.

" Clark and Celeste waved bye with their free hands before heading out of the office and to the elevator

Lois sat, relaxing at lunch as she and a girlfriend chatted about. "Did you hear about one of your old co-workers," Jenny asked. "What co-worker? I had a lot of them?" Lois stated. "A Clark Kent," Jenny said. "Clark?" Lois perked up at Clark's name. "What about him?" She tried to play like she didn't care. "Well, the word is that he's getting married and about to be a father," Jenny told her. Lois scoffed as she picked at the salad. " And who told you this lie?" Lois asked, chuckling. Jenny pulled a newspaper out of her bag and tossed it over the table to Lois. "It's front page on the DP. Live and in living color. "

Lois' eyes widened at the full-color picture on the front page of the newspaper of the couple looking happy and in love. Lois narrowed her eyes as she read the article and began to steam. Suddenly she needed to talk to Superman. No, she needed to talk to Clark and stop him from making a terrible mistake. "Lois, didn't he have a thing for you. But you were into Superman?" Jenny asked as she bites into her food. 

Lois looked up from the paper as she shrugged some. "Yeah, he had a little schoolboy crush. But you were correct. Superman and I were close." Jenny scoffed as she continued to eat. "Close? Close is when you're in a small elevator and there are three fat people in there with you, trying to move about. You and Superman were in love. I can't believe you dumped him. Although, your hubby is fine as well. Tough choice. Although, Superman didn't have money, security, or the means to take care of you in a non-live saving way." Jenny stated. Lois rolled her eyes as she nodded at Jenny's all too blunt but true comments about her and her hero of and ex-boyfriend. She knew that she still needed to take care of this Celeste and needed to find a way how.

"Lois Lane!" A voice boomed in front of her. It was so loud it caused everyone in the restaurant to stop what they were doing. And it caused Jenny and Lois to look up to see a tall man with a receding hairline up top and long hair down his back and a long beard and mustache as his rags of the clothes he wore, made him reek of beggar but Lois saw something familiar about him. "Oh, a homeless man. Security!" Jenny called as the man turned to her and held his hand out to cause her to levitate in the air. Lois' eyes went wide as the man focused back on her. "Lois Lane, where's Kal-El? Where is he!" The man said. Lois gasped as she froze in fear. "General Zod?"

Zod let the woman go as he stepped up to Lois and grabbed her by the arm before flying out with her. Lois last saw her friend scramble to her cell phone to try to call for help.