Chapter 28

Clark stood at the homemade, beautifully crafted wooden altar that his father built for them. He exhaled a soft breath and glanced to see the sunshine brightly in the sky. He closed his eyes and let the rays heat up his skin and make him feel warm all over. He smiled as he knew the only other time he felt this great was with Celeste. He patiently waited for the signal that she was arriving while amazed at where he was just a year ago. Up in the sky with a broken heart, watching Lois get married to the man she loved. A man that was to never be Clark. Then after nursing his broken heart here at his childhood home with his parents, a surprise came into the Daily Planet. And her name was Celeste Courtney 'C.C.' Walker. A woman unlike no other.

Who gave him a new outlook on life. Who gave him strength and courage to be Clark Kent and know that was good enough. To want him and not Superman, as most do. And to think and feel that Clark is sexy enough.  That he was more than enough for her as a woman. She was a breath of fresh air to him and he couldn't wait for her to be completely, forever his. Then no one could take her away. Damn them if they tried.

Clark began to hear the sounds of the song Celeste chose to walk to. The orchestra that Perry White brought was a gift from him and his wife Yolanda. It also helped to know that Clark found out that sometimes when he was out as Superman and Celeste was home alone, she would play this one song to lull her to sleep.

He stood there with his hair, full, free and relaxed on his head like he had at the Wayne Party. She loved his hair free and natural. Celeste told him that he seemed more comfortable when his hair was like that. Not when his hair his slicked with a part like it was when she met him at work that first day. Clark knew she was right. He actually felt more free and secure in himself as a man, thanks to her. Mari walked up with Bruce as they made their way up to the altar. 

Jimmy was taking the official pictures and his father was his best man. He smiled at his mom, who waved as she sat on his side. And then he smiled at Yolanda who waved from Celeste's side. Diana, Barry, and John sat on Celeste's side as well. Both sides were full of their friends and co-workers. He felt his dad's hand on his shoulder, causing him to look up and see her walking up to him, with Perry walking her down the aisle. Her hair was pulled up in an elegant bun, with her wedding veil pinned in and around it.

Clark couldn't stop smiling while watching her walk up to him.  Celeste's belly outlined her wedding gown. It showed that their babies were almost here. The music softly faded when he reached out his hand to her. Perry let her go as she reached out to Clark. Their hands linked together, Clark carefully pulled her closer as the minister looked between the loving couple.

 "Thank you for joining us today, friends, family. Instead of the usual vows, Celeste and Clark have decided to say their own vows. Celeste, you wanted to start?" The minister said, smiling at Celeste. The warm wind gently blew around them as she began. "Clark Kent, where to start?" She said looking into his deep blue eyes. "I know. The first day I arrived you and Jimmy had this shocked look when seeing me. I wasn't sure if that was a good thing or a bad thing. But all I was thinking about was I finally get to work with Clark Kent. I have followed your work for some time and it was my deciding factor in working at the Daily Planet." Celeste stated before turning to hand Mari her before turning back to take both his hands.

"When I first saw you I noticed how handsome and shy you were." She continued, focusing back on him. "And you seemed hurt by something or someone. I found out later what that was and we became good friends. What I didn't expect to happen was you and I cared about each other to the point where we fell in love with each other. Nor did I see myself becoming a mom to two wonderful soon to be babies that are going to be just like you. A wonderful, great person who loves his parents with all his heart and genuinely cares for people." She said as she could feel her eyes stinging.