Chapter 21

Chapter 21

Celeste's eyes moved about while she was suspended high in the air as Doomsday dragged her behind him with his beam. They traveled thousands of miles in a matter of minutes.  Celeste could feel fear taking over and tears fill her eyes. She started to shiver uncontrollably from the cold arctic air. Celeste worried about the babies as her eyes glanced around seeing nothing but ice and snow.

She couldn't even move her mouth let alone her body thinking to herself about remaining calm and thinking positive for the babies. Celeste sighed inward, closing her eyes and began to silently think calm thoughts for her children, praying that Clark was on his way.

My little babies, don't be scared. I know your father is on his way after he safely protects your grandparents. We will be okay, my babies. We will. But if something happens just know I will die before anyone hurts you or your father. I love you all so much. Brr. It's so cold.

As Celeste opened her eyes she began to feel movement inside of her and started to feel her body warm up from the inside out. Her eyes widened in surprise wondering to herself again. Can you hear my thoughts, my babies? If you can, stretch to let me know.

She waited a few seconds before she could feel below in her womb two pairs of feet stretch lightly, causing her stomach to slightly move without Doomsday noticing. Oh, my goodness! If you can read my mind, can you read your daddy's? Stretch if you can. She felt them stretch again as she began to search her brain as she came up with an idea. Can you try to let your father read my mind?

Celeste didn't receive any form of an answer but trusted they could as she saw the destination Doomsday had been looking for.

"Clark, please be careful," Martha said with worry as she wrung her hands together and paced with her husband. Clark was dressed as Superman as he was on the phone with Mari. "I'm not sure. Hold on." "Mom. Dad. I'll be okay. I won't let anyone hurt my children or the woman I love. I just need to find out if they hurt her-." His voice fell when he heard as an echo in his head.

Clark...Clark...Clark, can you hear me... me..? I'm fine and the babies are fine....fine..fine...It's because of them I am speaking to you like this because I'm still kind of frozen...frozen...Speaking of frozen... We're flying near this beautiful ....beautiful... I think we're in the artic...

"The Fortress of Solitude." He whispered. We're about to land, no matter what happens ..happens, just know that the babies ..babies.. and... I... I..love .... love... you...you...you...

Clark stood there with his parents his sides, worried about his sudden silence as he gripped the phone with Mari still on the line. Several tears fell as he blinked slowly. "Son, what happened?" Jonathan asked. "Clark! Clark!" Mari yelled into the phone. Clark took a ragged breath before he brought the phone back to his ear. " Mari, she's at the Fortress of Solitude. Here's how to get there. And dress warmly." He told her before he gave her instructions on how to get there."

He hung up with Mari after she relayed that Bruce and she were heading out and that she was bringing reinforcements. He looked at his parents as he shed a few more tears. "She was able to talk to me in my head." He explained. "From the babies?" Jonathan asked, surprised. "Yeah, dad. And the last thing she was able to say was that no matter what happens, she and the babies love me." He said trying to keep his emotions in check.  His parents closed in and hugged him while he slowly shook his head. "I'll be damned if that is the last thing she ever says to me. I need to go save the newest members of our family." He said moving away from them before going to the balcony to fly into the sky.

"So, Kal-El is to be wed to a human and she is with child?" Zod repeated what Lois had been telling him. "You know this because of -?" He asked. "It's in the paper. Here." She said as she opened her purse and retrieved the front page of the Daily Planet's early evening edition. She held out her hand as Zod snatched it away and read it. Once he finished, he glanced at her as she looked at him. "Why didn't you wed Kal-El? I thought you and he cared for one another." He said as he paced in front of her with his hands behind his back, one of them still holding the newspaper.

"I-I felt I needed someone who complimented me and could give me more." She fumbled over her words as she remembers not much but flashes of when she first found out to Zod and his followers to how she couldn't take it all. Lois sat there feeling somewhat deflated as she exhaled a breath and continued. "I didn't think that he could be there for me when the world needed him. When he belonged to everyone, how could I not always worry and wonder if situations like this wouldn't happen to him, to me, to us? I walked away and didn't look back until-." She stopped speaking before she and Zod felt a tremor. Lois looked at the entrance as her eyes held a surprise for a moment then quickened to narrow. "Until she arrived in our lives."

Lois pointed, causing Zod to turn around and saw a huge creature as he held onto a dark-skinned woman who was just in the picture he saw on the paper. He pulled it back from behind his back as he compared the paper to the real and flesh female human before him. It was then, his vision lowered to see her mid-section was very swollen. Swollen with child. Zod then smiled as Lois frowned, both seeing that the female was indeed carrying the seed of Kal-El/ Superman.