Chapter 39

(Five and a half years later)

"Clark! Clark!"  A female voice called out, looking around as she walked outside and into the summer sun

"Clark! Clark!"  A female voice called out, looking around as she walked outside and into the summer sun. "Clark Kent Junior, come here now!" Before the female could yell once more, a warm blur flew from behind her and stood straight in front of her. "Yes, Mama?" A young boy with dark, curly hair  and fair complexion skin asked. He had his hands behind his back while trying to look innocent. "Have you finished your chores?" His mother asked, her brown eyes giving a stern look. 

"Yes, mama." Clark Junior said, bringing his hands from behind his back to reveal the list and the milk and eggs he was supposed to get. "Okay." His mother said before pausing. "Where were you?" Clark Junior just looked off and fought a smile on his lips. His mother crossed her brown arms across her chest and arched a brow. "Let me rephrase that question, CJ. Where were you, Caelyn, and your father?" She asked him.

CJ loss the fight as his smile turned into a grin. He noticed his grandparents walk up behind his mother before he looked upwards. Soon CJ, his mom, and his grandparents all watched his dad and his twin sister fly up into the clouds. The two flew up and down and around a few more times before father held onto his daughter and smoothly landed their feet on the ground.

"Haha! That was so fun, daddy!" The little girl said, laughing. Her father joined in also, not aware of the company they had. "I know, Caey. But remember our deal." He said before turned to see his wife, parents, and son looking at him. "And what deal was that Clark Kent Senior?" His wife and mother asked at the same time. Clark began to blush a nice shade of red as he rubbed the back of his head. "Mom! Courtney! I was just telling Caelyn and CJ that as long as all their farm chores are done we can get a bit of flying in every once and a while." He told them. "Oh really?" Martha said as she gave a small smirk.

"Yeah, mind you that it's supervised by me. Of course." Clark replied. "Of course," Celeste said as she shook her head. "Right, son?" Clark asked his son. "Yes, daddy." CJ agreed before Clark looked to his father. "Pa, you agree that a little fun after work is righted?" He asked Jonathan who shook his head at the sight of his daughter-in-law, grown son, and little grandchildren before laughing at the sight.

 "Sorry, Clark, but this is a matter between you and your wife. Especially if I still want my beautiful wife speaking to me." Jonathan said before moving in to kiss his wife. "Flattery will keep you safe, Jonathan Kent," Martha replied laughing also. "Come in everyone, time to eat lunch." The kids went up to their grandparents and led the way to eat while their parents stayed behind.

"Clark? Celeste? You coming?" Martha asked the two. "In a minute, Ma." Clark smiled before watched Celeste does the same. "Yes, in a minute, Mom." Satisfied with their answers, she let them stay outside while she went in to take care of lunch. Celeste turned away from Clark before she stared out into the open sky. "It's so beautiful here," Clark said as he inhaled and exhaled the fresh, sweet air. "No place like home." He said looking down to see that Celeste was gone. He saw her walking through the field ahead of him. Clark made a face and went after her. "Celeste, what's wrong?" He softly asked her before tilted her face up towards his.

"Nothing, Clark." She spoke as he closed into her mouth. " Please, baby, tell me what's wrong. I know there's something nagging you." He said as he kissed her before wrapping his arms around her. Celeste licked her bottom lip as she sighed. "I know we've taught the kids about all of their heritage. All of your heritage, but do you think it's time they truly know it all?" She wondered as she looked into Clark's blue eyes.

He focused on her brown ones as he thought it over in his head. He cleared his throat before he spoke. "They know and met their Kryptonian grandparents since they were babies. They know about Superman and my life as Clark. What else could they be ready for?" Celeste wrapped her arms around him as she told him what he knew deep inside. "About how they will have to choose whether or not they use their powers. Do they want to be both in peace, as you do as Kal-El/Clark/Superman? Or do they want to choose one or the other? And no matter what, any enemies of yours becomes theirs, baby." She said as Clark sighed and pulled her closer and tighter to his body.

"I know, Courtney. I know. I was dreading that talk because I'm afraid of the fact they may choose just one and deny the other or not anything at all. Like in that dream I had a long time ago." Clark sighed heavily as he pulled away from his wife some to hold her at his side. They walked all the way back to the house before he finally spoke. "Dad had this conversation with me in a way that felt so easy."

"Maybe that's what you need to do," Celeste said. "Remember what you and Pop talked about and apply it to our kids." Clark nodded as they both dropped the conversation when they walked into the house. They arrived in the dining room to see everyone in the middle of eating. "Mama. Daddy." Caelyn said, causing everyone to look up. "We started to eat, not knowing when you two would be here," Jonathan said. "It's okay, Pa. We needed to talk." "About what?" CJ said as before he swallowed and continued. "Daddy, are we in trouble for flying?" Clark smiled as he and Celeste sat down. "No, son. We were talking about all that you two can do." "Like you daddy?" Caelyn smiled.

"Yeah, sweetie.Like me. But also my life and who I am. Superman and Clark. And how important it is to keep it a secret." "Yeah, Caey," CJ said. "When we get older we got to have secret identities like daddy." "I know that, CJ." Caelyn replied. "But will need masks and different costumes and different names for our hero disguises," Caelyn said as a matter of factually. Clark and Celeste were taken aback at their children's decision, they were a loss for words. "Does this mean you two are going to be Kents and Superpeople?" Jonathan said as he looked at his grandkids. "Grandpa, we are Kents," CJ said proudly. "And we are apart of Krypton like daddy because it flows within us," Caelyn told them. "How could we choose? When we rather be both."

Celeste smiled as she reached for Clark's hand. Clark never felt more proud of his children than he did right then. "Well, now that's all settled let's finished eating," Jonathan said as the family began to eat and talk and share good times.

(Later that night)

"The household is finally sleeping. Or on their way." Martha said as she slid into bed next to her husband. "I agree, Martha. I love our kids and grandkids." Jonathan removed his reading glasses and set them down with his book. "Yes, Celeste is every bit the daughter I always wanted. Our son couldn't have picked a finer woman for his wife." Martha stated. "Although, I know Clark would say that-." Jonathan began.

"Celeste, you choosing me as your husband has made me a better man."Clark finished. "In every way. I love you so much, baby." He whispered to her as he slid in behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist. "I love you too, Clark." She yawned as she snuggled into her husband's embrace.

"Clark?" Caelyn whispered. "Clark?" "What is it, Cae?" CJ mumbled softly. "I can't sleep. I had that weird dream again." She said sitting up in the dark, clutching her biracial baby doll. She looked over to her left as she saw her brother facing her in his bed with his eyes closed. "Clark?" She spoke in a louder whisper. 

"Cae. Shh! Dad can hear you." He yawned. "And I heard you. Besides, you probably were just thinking about it a lot and that made you dream about it again. I haven't thought about my dream. And it can't come true." He said as he opened his blue eyes and focused on her brown skin. "Besides, daddy and mommy said it's just a dream. And for me, that really means that our dreams won't come true. They were just dreams. Go to sleep, Lara Van-El." CJ called Caelyn by her middle/Kryptonian name.

"Okay, Jal-El." She sighed and mumbled CJ's middle / Kryptonian name before she slid down under the covers hoping to not dream about someone making sure that her parents never met.