Chapter 27

(A week later)

Clark slept lightly as he sensed movement in the bed. His eyes opened up as the bed went from low to high. In the blink of an eye, he was up and out of the bed, standing in front of the main door. "Where do you think you're going?" He asked with his arms folded. "Clark! You scared me." Celeste stated as she held the spot over her heart. 

"You're not answering my question, Courtney," Clark said as he waited for her to explain herself. "I am sick of that bed." She said before she saw his face fall some. "You know what I mean. I'm tired of being stuck on bed rest. And I know what you told me. But I want to work or at least get some fresh air." She told him, feeling frustrated.  Clark noticed how much she's glowed and her belly has grown some in the last week. It seems that Celeste has done nothing but amaze him since they first met.

The doctor told them with twins may be here in the next couple of months, so be patient. He watched her try to stare him down and knew what to do about her need for air. He sped into the bedroom and came back just as fast, dressed in his Superman suit. "Okay, Courtney. You want air. You got air, babe." He smiled as he swept her into his arms and flew out of the open balcony. He shot them straight up into the air, through the clouds as the sun began to set. 

The warm wind caressed their faces as he moved her under him. She was on his chest, facing it as he turned upside down, so she was right side up. He watched her smile at him as he felt her hold on to him and place a kiss on his lips. "I love you, Clark." She said to him while he stood them both up in the air. "Marry me." She said to him as he arched a brow at him. "Didn't I already ask you this, Celeste?" "Yes, you did, sweetie. But I am asking to marry me now. Before the babies come. I want to be your wife before they officially come into the world."

Clark looked at her as he began to grin. "When, baby?" He asked her, pulling her closer as they floated in the sky. "Whenever.  As soon as possible. Now." She stated to him. "I think I can have that arranged." He said before kissing her and flying her back to their apartment.

Later that night they planned the wedding, deciding to have it at his parents' farm, and deciding where they will live. They would split time between the new three-bedroom apartment they just bought and are living in now.  The other places would be his family farm and the newly built Fortress of Solitude. He made sure every thing that Zod and Doomsday destroyed he rebuilt with help of the Superfriends, Caelyn, and CJ that day. When they began to fall asleep,  Clark slipped a protective hand around Celeste. Holding his family close to his body. Making sure to never let go.