Chapter 13

Clark and Celeste decided to sleep in separate bedrooms the entire time they were there. Mainly out of respect for his parents. Clark and his parents wanted Celeste to rest the entire two weeks they decided to stay, but she wouldn't have any of it. She grabbed her hiking boots and jeans, a t-shirt, and a flannel shirt and got to work with the rest of them. Celeste got down and dirty with him, his parents and the rest of the farm hands. 

They did the fields and the cattle as well as the chicken, eggs, and what not. C.C. made an impression on everyone that first day working and even made some new friends in the employees. By the time dinner was ready, Clark sat down and noticed that someone was missing. C.C. He excused himself and went upstairs to her room to find her passed out on top of the covers. A smile touched his lips before he closed the door and used his powers to quickly undress her without waking her up.  Clark stripped her to her underwear before he zoomed around the room and dressed her in a pair of favorite pajamas. He eased her under the cover, looking at her still sleeping before he placed a kiss on her lips.

He quietly walked back out and headed downstairs as everyone was just beginning to eat. He sat back down to his plate as the hired hands were chatting amongst each other and to his mom and dad. "Where's Celeste?" Jonathan leaned over to Clark and whispered. "She's sleeping, dad." He smiled as they continued on.

The next day and every day after that, no one assumed that Celeste would do more, but she did. And none of it was lost on Clark. He shook his head at the notion of how wonderful she really was. He and his parents enjoyed having her at the farm as Jonathan and Martha began to fall in love with her. Clark started to think that maybe he should stake his hold on her before she decides to wake up from his dreams and move on.

Clark fought the nagging feelings of those negative people he's met through his life that always seemed that Clark was good ol' Clark. Or that Clark was just in the way. The nerdy kid with the glasses who used to lust after and dream of the high school queen, Lana Lang.

Even once he grew up and moved into the big city, to first work at the Daily Planet he still felt like that kid.  Especially when Lois was the new queen that he lusted and dreamed after. Instead of high school, it was an adult work environment. Sometimes, he wondered whether the bumbling, clumsy, aw gee sucks Clark Kent was an act or real. Because he felt like that around a lot of his co-workers and Lois. He was so afraid to be himself for fear that someone could guess who he was- all of him and then the world would know and his life would be over.

But all that changed when Celeste graced his life. She was the perfect woman for him. Sexy, beautiful, smart, funny, a great friend, and a fantastic lover. She also found out and knew his secret and didn't judge him and make him choose. She let him make all the decisions about it and still lets him be just him. And that made Clark bloom as a man. As Clark. And as Superman.

As Clark, he's more outgoing and self-assured. He has been more confident and less awkward. And everyone has taken noticed. As Superman, he doesn't have to feel alone in the world. That not counting his parents that he knows that he as Superman and he as Clark will have the same great love from the same great woman and he has been more focused and lost all the conflicting thoughts on feeling he will be alone at night.

That his world didn't begin and end with Lois marrying another man. Clark knew what he needed to do. "Mom! Dad! C.C.? I need to go get some things. I'll be back." He yelled before going out to his car. "Okay, dear," Martha yelled back before she peeked out to see him driving away. "Okay, Jonathan. Celeste. Let's get it ready." Martha smiled.

Clark stood in the store as he looked through the glass and noticed the item he was searching for. He paid for it before thanking the salesperson and headed back to the farm. It wasn't that long before he as back at his childhood home as he listened in with his super-hearing and heard his mom mention that she had a pair of twos. He smiled as he heard his dad call his cards.

Clark got out of the car and headed into the house as he inhaled the smell of something sweet. "I'm back." He said as he noticed his parents were, sure enough, playing cards. "Mom, Dad. Where's Celeste? I have a surprise for her." He said holding onto the bag. "I'm right here." She told him, walking out of the kitchen with homemade cake lit. "Happy Birthday, Clark!" The three of them said as Clark stood there, surprised.

He had been caught up in Lois and his past that he almost forgot the present. He smiled as his mom, dad, and Celeste all sung happy birthday to him. "Make a wish Clark," Celeste said. Clark looked at them before he closed his eyes and gently blew on the candles, extinguishing them. "Thank you. But my birthday was back in June. On the 18th. What's up with the cake and happy birthday?" He asked them. Martha and Jonathan gave each other warms smiles before focusing upon Celeste.

"I missed out on your birthday and wanted to wish you one. So, I helped your parents get this cake, small decorations, and dinner ready. I hope you like it." Celeste said softly. "I hope your wish comes true, Clark," Celeste stated smiling while he pulled something out of the bag and got on one knee. "It all depends on whether or not you say yes, Celeste." He smiled back and opened the small box to reveal a simple diamond ring.