Chapter 38

(Two days later )

"So, Mr. White I see you went with the picture of Superman bringing C.C. back safe and sound. Instead of pictures of Lois taking C.C. and flying off like Superman." Jimmy said as he sat in front of Perry's desk. Perry put the paper down as he glanced at the front page one more time and nodded. "Well, she lost her mind and then kidnapped Celeste." Perry began. "And that was after General Zod and that Doomsday character took her, Celeste, Kent and his folks' hostage before they tried to take over the world." He said as he began to read a byline from the front-page article.

"...Lois Lane Carter had been shot by Doomsday in the back. A weird electronic beam hit her directly into her spine and caused her to go into a seven-month coma where the beam shot some sort of artificial intelligence metal like DNA into her body. It fused with her spine and her brain and caused her to have great powers which we figure to have come from Doomsday.

Lois Lane Carter, in a fit of rage, caused by not being Superman's number one gal after she married, Mark Carter decided to take out Celeste Courtney Kent and kidnap her two twin babies by using her superhuman powers and making them disappear from Superman's grasp after he found her last hiding place for them.

Superman chased her far away and deep into the clouds where she tried to kill Celeste. They went up into space where Lois and Superman fought until she tried to destroy both Superman and Celeste. In the process of being greedy and evil, she destroyed herself..... Superman came back with Celeste and found the babies, then helped clean up all the destruction Lois caused. All in a days work for our hero, Superman." Perry finished reading. "Story and pictures by James Olsen."
Perry looked up at Jimmy and grinned. "Great story, Olsen."

Jimmy smiled as he leaned back in his seat. "Thanks, Chief. It was fun. I just can't believe that Clark told me since he was busy with the twins and Celeste recovering in the hospital overnight, that he wanted me to interview Superman and take the story for my own."

"Well," Perry said as he leaned back in his chair. "I think that being a photojournalist won't be your only job, Jimmy. Let's get your new passes, ID, credentials, and desk ready."

"Desk?" He smiled as he watched Perry nod. "In fact, there's a desk that was occupied by Sally Benton. But she's the new head anchor at Carter's network. And she went with my blessing."

"Sally's desk?" Jimmy sat up, surprised. "But she's near Celeste's and Clark's desks." "Of course. You're going to to be working with the best of the best, Olsen.Congratulations." Perry said as he sat up and extended his hand. Jimmy stood up and met his hand as he shook Perry's hand. "Thanks, Mr. White." Jimmy grinned at his new job.

Clark was at home in his bedroom as he watched his wife sleeping peacefully. He sat in a nearby chair as he held each of his babies in his arms. They too were peacefully sleeping as well. But Clark couldn't. Ever since Lois woke up and was hellbent on destroying his family, mainly his wife and his children. All because she changed her mind, even though she was married to another. She may have had Doomsday's powers, but she was thinking like herself. And that is what has him up.

The moment she remembered that she could have had Superman if she wanted Clark, had fueled her hate and power. But when he saw her, all he saw was the woman he once loved and was friends with. Even when Zod and Doomsday held her captive with his family, she chose to help the bad guys. Not only to help herself but to make sure they stuck it to Superman and Clark.

Clark sighed as the vast knowledge of the past two years started to make his head spin. A coo brought him to the here and now as he looked down and saw his daughter awake and looking up at him. "Well, hello my little Caelyn." He smiled for the first time in days. "You know you and your big brother scared the crap of out me." He said as he got up and walked into their bedroom. " He placed a still sleeping CJ in first as he continued to talk to Caelyn. "But to find out that when there is danger you both went to the safest place you know. To your grandma and grandpa. Smart kids." He said before he placed a kiss on her hair. "Night, sweetie." He said to her before he gave a kiss to his son before heading out.

He walked back into his bedroom as he noticed the bed was empty. "Courtney?" He called to Celeste as he stripped his clothes off. "What's wrong, Clark?" Celeste asked as she stepped out of their private bathroom. He turned around as he watched her walk up to him, dressed in an oversized baseball jersey. "There's nothing wrong. I was just looking for you." "I went to the bathroom, Clark. But you never call me Courtney less something is wrong or it's serious." She reminded her husband.

Clark just smiled as he walked up to her in his boxer briefs and pulled her into his arms. "I think I've changed my mind about that. I like calling you that. It's like a nickname that only I use." He said before he kissed her passionately. Celeste's arms went up and around his neck as she kissed him back.

They pulled apart as she stared at him in a daze. "I love you and love getting kisses from you, but what was that mind-blowing kiss for?" She asked him as he gave a small smile as he soothed the small of her back. "I felt that was a small payment for you saving me. I thought I was going to save you, but when it was all said and done you saved me."

Celeste just shook her head as she reached one of her hands up and ran it in his hair. "I love you. You are my husband. There was no way I wasn't going to save you. And those beautiful kids and our family are payment enough for me. But, if you did want to really repay me I do know-how." She said as she left his arms and began to unbutton her jersey.

Clark gave a small smirk as he zoomed to her and quickly undressed her and slid her in the bed. Both skin to skin as he eased inside of her."I love you so much Celeste Courtney Kent. I love you too, Kal-El, Superman," Celeste whispered as he entered her carefully. " My sweet, wonderful Clark Kent." Celeste and Clark began to make love as their apartment, the building, the city, and the world enjoyed a night of peace for once.