Chapter 22

"You!" Lois stated as Zod stepped up to Celeste and the being with her. "I am General Zod. Who are you? Where did you come from?" Zod asked Doomsday. "I am Doomsday. I come from Krypton. I am the destroyer of universes, solar systems, and worlds. Who are you?" Doomsday asked him as he stepped up with a still frozen and captive Celeste. "Krypton? You are from Krypton?" Zod boomed his voice as he watched Doomsday's eyes scan around taking the once familiar surroundings? "This is a replicate of a part of Krypton. Kal-El is here, I can sense it." Doomsday stated as he settled his vision back upon Zod and Lois.

Zod watched the human woman who Doomsday had in his field and silently decided to take matters in his own hands. He raised his hands up and am invisible energy left him to try to break the force field around the woman. Celeste wondered what was going on before she remembered who the man was. He was the infamous General Zod from the Phantom Zone that the Daily Planet wrote about years ago. Why is Lois with Zod? And why isn't she tied up? Why isn't she looking like she captured? Celeste thought. She noticed that Zod was trying to free her, but she had a feeling it wasn't to actually save her.

Doomsday raised his hand up and sent a blue beam that cuts through his power and knocked him back off his feet. Lois screamed at the sight. Zod was shaken a bit as he tried to find his balance. Doomsday beat him to the punch before taking two big steps before quickly floating over to him. He picked him up with one hand, while dragging Celeste behind him, still in the field. "Ahh! Aggh!" Zod choked and gasped as Doomsday held him by his throat gently, but with his big hands could easily have killed him with a slight squeeze. 

"That was your fatal mistake. It is time for you to die." Doomsday said before he started to softly squeeze Zod's throat, sending pressure to his head. "Ahh! Ughh! Wait! Wait!" Zod yelled out loud.  "I am from Krypton also. And Kal-El is my enemy. His father Jor-El was a former friend turned enemy when he let the council send me and my soldiers to the Phantom Zone! I want to kill Kal-El for my personal pleasure. I assume that you are wanting to destroy Kal-El as well." 

Zod waited for a response from Doomsday, but when he didn't get one, he continued. "Well, Kal-El is not here. I captured this human, named Lois Lane because Kal-El was a mate of hers once. But he is not anymore. She is. The one you have." Zod said, causing Doomsday's eyes to focus on Celeste.

"In fact, I found out the reason you say you sense that Kal-El is close,"  Zod said choking since Doomsday still held onto his neck. "She is with child. Kal-El's seed." Doomsday let his eyes change to a robotic red as he began to see inside of her two children. Their eyes were closed until they sensed someone watching. The two babies opened their still developing eyelids as they turned their heads in the direction of Doomsday's stare. 

"You are Kal-El's mate." He stated, repeating the information. It caused Lois to cringe and Celeste to silently worry. "I will set a trap for Kal-El using you and his seed." He said before turning towards Lois and Zod. "But first, I will kill you both." He told Zod as he looked at him and Lois both, his deep gruff, monotone voice dripped with sarcasm. "No. Noooo." Zod quietly croaked, feeling Doomsday's fingertips lightly flex against his neck, crushing it ever so slightly.

"I can help you. I truly know Kal-El's weaknesses and strengths. I have fought him before and almost won." Zod stated. "Yes, you almost won. But apparently, you didn't have the strength or intelligence I have to ultimate destroy Kal-El once and for all. To have his total destruction. So, I will kill you now."Doomsday replied. "You and I have the ultimate weapons against Kal-El," Zod said as he stalled for time until he could try to overpower Doomsday and take over it all.

 Everyone has a weakness. I just need to find his and I will crush him like he's trying to crush me. Then I will destroy Kal-El and these two pitiful humans will become my slaves along with the seed of Kal-El.  Zod thought before speaking once more. "You see, Doomsday, Kal-El cares not only for these two humans but for this entire world's human population. We just need to figure out to use it to our advantage." He looked at Doomsday as the humanoid being weighed the options in the mechanics of his brain. CALCULATING....FIND KAL-EL'S STRENGTHS AND WEAKNESSES...... USE TO DEFEAT HIM... THEN CRUSH THE PLANET ITSELF... MUST USE GENERAL ZOD... ZOD...ZOD... WORKED ONCE WITH JOR-EL AND MY CREATOR...MY FATHER...LOGICAL...

"Very well, then. You live for now." Doomsday said to Zod as he released his neck and let him drop to the floor like a bag of clothes. "Ack..Ack.. Cough. Cough." Zod said trying to breathe while Doomsday turned to face Celeste as he spoke. "I will kill the human with you right now, instead. He said turning back to look at a now terrified Lois Lane Carter. He stepped up to her, passing by Zod who was trying to stand back up. He reached out to her, when she screamed out loud. "Wait! I can give you something that General Zod doesn't even know! If I tell you, you have to spare me! Please!" Doomsday paused in movement as he looked at her. "What is it?" "I know Kal-El's secret!" Lois said as she scrambled up off feet and climb up a few steps to get away from his grasp. "First, I want to know you'll spare me. Say it!" She demanded.

Celeste wondered what she was about to say. No, she doesn't remember. Does she? I mean Clark said she forgot. Maybe all this has made her remember. Oh, Lois. If you ever truly loved Clark and Superman, you won't tell.  Celeste said to herself mentally. "I will spare you, female human. Now, tell me what do you know about Kal-El that isn't known." Doomsday said to her.

Lois nodded quickly and smoothed her hair, which was all over her head. She softly cleared her throat before seeing Celeste's eyes plead for her not to do whatever she was about to. Lois ignored the helpless woman's glare and spoke. " Kal-El is posing as a human named Clark Kent."