Ch-81 An Outcast Like Me

The Field of Praevolo.

A place of departure.

It is were lifeless souls finally rest in peace.

It was a sacred place that is said to be guarded by Volera, the servant of Lumena. It was quiet, people, instead of mourning one's death, prepares them for their next life.

It was also the place Carina visited everyday, though people gave her silent warnings not to.

Unlike almost every one in Lumeris, Carina could never let go of her loved one's death. She never found closure whether it be through soothing words or her things that were given to Carina after she passed.

Carina hovered over the Field of Praevolo, the glowing flowers that meant to commemorate every soul that had passed away in the past many thousand years or so.

Lumerians were immortal but they weren't born that way, they had killed and immortal and drank their blood and they got their wish of immortality but they would only never die of old age.

That was the other end. They were still human in many ways, they need food, they need sleep, their skins get cut and aren't impenetrable and they would die because of fatal wounds.

That was how the person Carina was now visiting, perished just a mere century ago.

Carina's wings whispered in the green ground as her bare feet lightly tickled, the grass poking her heel.

It was nearly sundown and she had left the temple in the morning, she spent her entire time in the sky, swishing over the clouds.

People often asked her if clouds could be sat on and she wanted to laugh at, one time, her young foolish self actually tried to sit on it and if it weren't for her wings, the Field of Praevolo would have to add another flower to Volera's bed.

Carina took her time and slowly walked, her hands grazing the tall buds as it glowed brighter against her fingers.

The dark surroundings added to the beauty of the field, the flowers glowed a brighter green as it all seemed interested in the new guest, Carina believed that it was the souls trying to speak to her.

But she found these soothing unlike the silent taunts of the actual people of Lumeris that were alive and well.

The wings on her back, stained with some dried blood from her black and also with a mind of it's own liked coming here.

Where other people didn't want to come near a place of death, she welcomed it, she found light in places where others found darkness.

The soul she actually wanted to visit seemed to be the one that dimmed it's glow when she came.

The Princepine or the leader of Lumena had a special place in the Field of Praevolo, one away from the other souls, somewhere more hidden among large trees and partially floated on top of a cut bark.