Ch-46 Sell Your Soul For Your Love

"The Barrons."

Cera froze when she heard those words.

Though she didn't know much about them, she knew enough to understand that Calaius, Allan and June held a loathing for them.

Calaius' glare was fixed on the patriarch of the family, Joseph Barron, a special form of hate that was reserved for the aging man.

Out of all the things he told Cera about his parents, he kept one major detail from her.

"It is certainly nice to meet you after so long, Lord Calaius." Joseph smiled, a smile that made Cera's stomach churn in disgust.

"It is, Lord Joseph. Though, it is on unexpected terms." He replied curtly eying the man with feigned kindness.

The man laughed loudly, raising his smoke pipe and inhaling before letting out a puff of smoke through his mouth, it made him look more intimidating.

"It has been a while since I have seen the children of my closest friend...." His eyes caught sight of Cera being held protectively behind Calaius.

"...and who is this...beautiful lady?"

He gave her a toothed smile which made Cera almost want to throw up. His question caught the attention of his eldest son who was now staring at her, looking interested at the pale haired beauty.

Calaius glared at the young man, the eldest son of Joseph, Ethan. He wrapped his arm tighter around her waist and looked at her for consent.

Cera nodded, she wasn't going to get intimidated by these arrogant and two faced men, she was braver than that. Calaius slowly beckoned her forward, now that she was standing beside him.

"This is Cera, my wife."

Calaius said without missing a beat and Cera sucked in a breath, shocked at the title but decided to play along for their sake.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, gentlemen." Not. She gave them a very believable fake smile that they were stupid enough to actually believe.

"Ah! I knew it was something of that sort. I knew we were interrupting something. I apologize deeply." Joseph said with fake sincerity that even a deaf toddler could see through.

"It is quite alright." Cera smiled, her cheeks starting to hurt.

Ethan grimaced when he heard that she was Calaius' wife, wondering how she could even fall for the man. He glared at him but it immediately changed to a full blown smile when Cera looked at him.

"I presume that the two of you are related? It is after all my first time seeing you." She asked looking expectantly at him.

He cleared his throat, the woman's voice was like a siren, even her appearance looked like an angel. "Yes, my name is Ethan, Milady. I'm the eldest and heir to the Barron fortune."

Cera knew he was just as arrogant as his father was and she just hoped that the younger one wouldn't be as pompous.

"Of course. It is nice to make your acquaintance."

Cera noticed that Ethan was looking at her palms, it was obvious he was searching for a wedding ring. Calaius also saw this and reminded himself, he would have to do something about that.

The two were safe for now as they wore gloves so their hands were covered.

"I am a little saddened that we weren't invited to the wedding." Joseph frowned.

"It was a small occasion, just us, the twins and Cera's parents." Calaius explained calmly.

"Ah! Where are your parents from, my dear?" He asked Cera.